SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do I really need to have a used 870 reparkerized?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do I really need to have a used 870 reparkerized? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to decide if I want to have my trade-in refinished...

The wood was refinished by a good friend of mine who has a passion for it. It exceeded my expectations. This one was made in 1970.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idea. Don't they make appliance spraypaint? Black for ovens, so heat resistant, might be an option...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Wilson combat Charges very reasonable prices to rebuild 870 shotgun’s. They rebuild it completely, refinish it, convert to Flexi tab if needed, Replace all the springs,install a big head safety, and put a new stock on it if you want for only $230. They can even install ghost ring or night sites or whatever other sights you want. It’s the best deal in the business in my opinion. And this is coming from a former 870 armorer.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/shotgun-customization/

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I'm still trying to decide if I want to have my trade-in refinished...

The wood was refinished by a good friend of mine who has a passion for it. It exceeded my expectations. This one was made in 1970.

Tony.

Tony, unless there’s some big patches of rust or pitting that aren’t evident in that pic, I think that personally, I’d be inclined to leave it as-is were it mine. Honestly, it looks great, man! Your friend did a stellar job with the furniture.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
This thread hung around long enough to catch me up in it too.

Sooo are we refinishing? Or letting the patina stand?

I have a plated marine magnum I want to paint.... but those need little if any
Support other than a spec of oil here and there. (Mine stays on land..!)

Inquiring minds here!!

Tony nice shot gun. That’s, “perfect in every way!”

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s just sitting in a closet coated in clp.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post