SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington 700 SS 5R .308
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 SS 5R .308 Login/Join 
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I got a 700 PSS the year it came out. Man I'm getting old don't even remember what year. Bushnell 3200 on it. I took one of the Federal hunting loads out getting ready for deer that year. I adjusted the impacts and got on center. Thought something happened because it put the next 3 rounds into one hole more or less. That spoiled me hard on accuracy. I can remember flinching every shot and trying to figure out what happened. Had to walk up to it to realize there were 3 rounds dead center.

Fast forward to now the lessons I've learned I should have kept that PSS for 1, and 2 150 grain Federal soft points shoot way too good. Same with Fusion.

Years later the 5R really won me over. My buddy took in 2 of em on a trade. One was made black and different stock but the stainless bone stock one shot just as good. I remember not liking the stock and thinking I'd get rid of it. Once I saw how that rifle behaved I respected the hell outta that green whatever it is. Now it's etched in my memory from the 500 yard Larue poppers and this is about the point I started questioning why I needed a $3000 dollar GA Precision. At 500 yards the 5R did everything my GA Precision was doing and felt 10 lbs lighter.

Remington aint what it once was, now back to my recliner and dentures. Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post