SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Eotech second chance?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eotech second chance? Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Ive considered it. Some wont out of principle but none of the dozen eotechs Ive owned ever had issues. Really like the reticle and if Trijicon or Aimpoint would have used it I wouldnt have looked back.

Mepro makes a similar bullseye reticle for their M21. I have two of these now, after I had bought one for my MPX I liked it so much I added one to my Uzi pro.

Wish they would work that reticle into the RDS Pro

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any problems with mine at all. Mounted on my Colt 6720 and never had an issue. Keeps zero and I like the large window for both eyes open shooting.
Did just replace the battery but it was going on a while since new.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent two back. The only reason I kept the third was because of a rack issue in our squads. Next week I am pulling the plug on work. Two trips to the range sold me on Aimpoints. I have a ML3 on a SIG556 for probably the past 6-7 years that still fires up. My Eotechs went dead in the safe every 3-4 months.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a refund for my EOTech due to corrosion in the battery compartment. After looking at several alternatives, I decided on Sig Romeo 4. The reticle is very similar to that of the EOTech, and I like it very much, but I haven't given it hard use.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No, which is unfortunate, as I greatly prefer their reticle and the AA powered models.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine is a dealer and he sold me an XPS2 at his cost. Add in the EOTech rebate and I ended up getting it for under $300.
I also have an Aimpoint but I really prefer the EOTech reticle. However, you just can't beat the Aimpoint battery life - leave it on for 5 years. If I were doing CQB in Iraq, I would go to my Aimpoint but for civilian use, I think the EOTech works just fine.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
An electronic sight is an excellent container for storing dead batteries.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This video and the rebate as made me consider them, Grab a gun had them for 344.00 missed that sale, but still get them at 374.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8qympAk-HA

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
For the money there are excellent low powered variable optics on the market.

I have a red dot on one AR and I am leaning towards replacing it with a Steiner P4Xi.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
For the money there are excellent low powered variable optics on the market.

I have a red dot on one AR and I am leaning towards replacing it with a Steiner P4Xi.

This is the route ive been going. LPVO have repalced red dots on 4 rifles and counting.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Lucked into an EXPS 3 for 325.00...just so happens I finished my MK18 300blk build so it looks like Im back. Certainly wont replace my T1 or RMR but after using Eotechs for 15+ years, it jsut feels natural.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
An electronic sight is an excellent container for storing dead batteries.

Any electronic sight? I've never had a dead battery in my Aimpoint H1 and it is always on. About every 3+ years when I routinely check the reticle it seems a bit dim, so I change the (not dead) battery. I'm on the 3rd one, it's been on since I bought it in '08.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I sent 2 back. Yes I liked them very much. However if purchased at big bucks based on hell or high water reliability, they had deceived us. Secondly, besides the temperature related POI shift, there was discussion of how corrosion was an eventual issue, even in as little as 90 days in harsh environments. I can spend much less on dots that eventually go bad. I think the big bucks are for proven winners in reliability.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
I sent 2 back. Yes I liked them very much. However if purchased at big bucks based on hell or high water reliability, they had deceived us. Secondly, besides the temperature related POI shift, there was discussion of how corrosion was an eventual issue, even in as little as 90 days in harsh environments. I can spend much less on dots that eventually go bad. I think the big bucks are for proven winners in reliability.

Its as proven as an ACOG or Comp M. Definitely more so that anything that's currently available.

posted Hide Post
I kept my two, if it gets too hot or too cold I go home.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Nope. We took them off all of our duty rifles and sent them back. Bought CompM3's and ACOG's

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Never. Aimpoint only.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an EOTech on my M1A Scout and it works just fine. I also have a Meprolight TruDot on my BCM AR that I like as well.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

I'm still waiting to get the large EO reticle and FOV with 50k always on battery life of Aimpoint. I realize it's not gonna happen since LED and lasers are totally different technologies...but that would be the perfect CQB sight!

Exactly...I have considered a EO for short range hog hunting to use with my NV....

My HD SBR wears a T1 but if someone produced to above it would be gone in a heartbeat

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post