SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
For those that purchased the rifle, have you tried the Magpul Glock mags?

I believe I saw that these Magpul Glock mags are not reliable in the gun, and to stick with factory Glock mags.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Military Arms Channel's video specifically noted how easy the bolt face was to change out and theorized that that was for caliber conversions versus having to buy an all new bolt.

Posts: 5157 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
The carbine handles nicely, is a bit expensive for what it is and the “looks” leave a lot to be desired.

I’d like to see it offered with a wood stock with classic lines.

I really don’t like the aesthetics of Rugers synthetic stocks.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot a little over 50 rds thru mine today. Love the gun. Didn't really have a reason for purchasing it but it's def fun to shoot. Ran 1 G26 and three G17 (all gen 4) mags thru it. One G17 mag had difficulty feeding the first round, completely full. After I removed the round, it loaded/functioned flawlessly. I don't know if I rode the charging handle but I attribute it from user error. I'll bring more ammo next weekend. All mags fit secure into the magwell. Removing the Ruger specific magwell and installing the Glock unit took all of 5 minutes.

It's surprisingly accurate at 50 yards. It def needs a red dot but the ghost sights do work quite well.

I got mine 520.00 OTD Friday at my LGS and was told that for the 100+ they had one week prior (when I put it on hold), they were sold out.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs to chrono some 9BPLE ammo through this!!!

Ban state compliant model, takes G26 and up mags, rail already there for a red dot, ill be in line.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of don't like my Stag 9 AR. I think it's the weird Diamondhead furniture. I'm seriously considering selling it and getting one of these. It would serve the same function for me and I could always get some of those 33 round Glock magazines if I were shooting the pistol caliber carbine matches in USPSA.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to handle one (they had 2 in stock)about an hour ago at a LGS in Elizabethtown. I was very underwhelmed. The sight picture is the only thing that felt ok. The stock definitely felt cheap and overall it did not feel like something put out by Ruger. Plus, it was priced at $649. This shop usually doesn't price gouge. Also tried the fullsize Scorpion Evo. Again, was expecting more. Guess I'll stick with my Stag 9.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you ogled one of them bent ones.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My brother got his today. I will loan him some of my Magpul mags to try.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8007 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I could forgive it's looks if Ruger offered the carbine in 10mm.

http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
I could forgive it's looks if Ruger offered the carbine in 10mm.

^^^^^^This^^^^
I’d also like to see them bring back the 44mag carbine. Thus would be a good platform to base it off of.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is everyone who has one still liking it? I think I'm getting one this week

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They need to make it look cheaper.

It does have a rather "Kel-tec" look about it.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Is everyone who has one still liking it? I think I'm getting one this week

I'm up to a little less than 1000 rounds now in mine. Using Glock mags exclusively I've had one failure to feed but that was within the first 50 rounds. Everything from 9BPLE to my 124 reloads to HST 124 & 147 - it all seems to work. Unlike Hickok45, my experience has been positive to date.

“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve only got about 350-400 RD’s thru mine. Still love it. I’ve only used Glock mags thru it.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I love mine.Sure it looks black,has a couple rails which are for mounting lights etc.I have a bunch of ruger 17 round mags,so i am not going to switch the magwell for ,y long 33 round glock mags.

I am all in on a 45,10 mm,40.

My gun feels like a mini 14 in weight and feel.The gun is not cheap,and recoil or lack of recoil is sweet..Go watch hickock on you tube.The recoil on his shoulder is exactly like this 9mm

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They need to make it look cheaper.

It does have a rather "Kel-tec" look about it.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Not all Kel-Tecs were created equal. Wink

I used to have an original Ruger PC9 and while it was perfectly reliable and quite accurate, it never really grew on me so I sold it. IMHO, I much prefer the looks and design of the original. The fact it only used Ruger mags was a significant con for me though. I also recall that while mild, the recoil had a sharp click-ity clack feel to it (yes, I know it's blowback) when firing that I was not particularly fond of. I much prefer the form and function of the Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm carbine in all respects, including the superb accuracy.

Even so, if it works well for those that have it and you like it, that's all that matters.

Personally, I would love to see an actual Glock 9mm carbine design to see what they could come up with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could probably get a lot of range time with only a few extras.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Works fine, most of the time."

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For those that don't want to sit through 40 minutes of his rambling, would someone please describe the problems that Hicock45 ran into?

Sounds like from Para's comment that there were some reliability issues?

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post