SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hmmm.... says it has a ghost ring rear sight.

It does. It's just mounted on the barrel, which isn't ideal. You want a ghost ring closer to your eye, to allow it to "fuzz out" while sighting.

I agree about the longer sight radius for a ghost ring sight, but from what I read, having both rear and front on the barrel is the answer for constant sighting for a take down rifle.

Made the mistake of selling my PC40 rifle a couple of years ago, with a Bushnell TRS-25, it was just some kind of accurate and reliable. I was worried about parts breakage, since those PC9 and PC 40's aren't supported anymore and very few spare parts are avaialble, but built like a tank, very few break down. I wish I had kept it.

PCC's are either loved or hated. I much prefer a rifle style PCC to other styles, they are ideal if youknow and practice their range and limitations.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Does the new Ruger carbine take a specific model Glock magazine? I do not see the Glock model specified.

From appearances, it looks like it would take any double stack Glock 9mm magazine. So G26, G19, G17, or 33 rd G18 magazine should fit and work. Not too sure on the G26 size mag just yet, but I'm positive that a G19 size mag and larger will fit.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Mehhh...

I had a PC40 many years ago. Ok little carbine, but that's as far as it went. Eventually sold it and never missed it.

This offers a couple improvements, but still doesn't blow my skirt up.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Not too sure on the G26 size mag just yet...

Yeah, I had the same wonder. Looking at the mag well, it seems like it should fit one. Since they have a variant for the ban states, it would seem to follow that they'd engineered the gun to accept the standard G26 10rd mags as a starting point and going up from there. That's not to say that 10rd mags aren't available in the other form factors, but a G26 flush-fit mag would make a lot of sense.

Posts: 17043 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I’ll grab one when Magpul drops a stock for it.

You’ll be waiting a long time.

There will be an aftermarket for the new PCC but Magpul won’t consider making anything for it until it has sold hundreds of thousands of units.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
For the love of all that is Holy can we please stop putting recoil pads on everything? Just us mice on a hutch it's a 9mm rifle.

Those aren’t recoil pads. It’s a shim system to allow adjustment of the length of pull.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's like a Kel-Tec and Ruger designer had a drunken one night stand - maybe a threesome with a Century Arms gunsmith.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It's like a Kel-Tec and Ruger designer had a drunken one night stand - maybe a threesome with a Century Arms gunsmith.

You know, I really wish they had just simply upscaled the furniture from the 10/22 TD to fit. I think it looks good, and quite a bit better.

Apologies for re-posting the image on the same page, but doing so to show a side-by-side comparison. If it's too much, I'll happily remove it.

There could exist a nice middle ground if the barreled action in the top picture was wearing the stockset from the picture below.

Posts: 17043 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I was worried about parts breakage, since those PC9 and PC 40's aren't supported anymore and very few spare parts are available, but built like a tank, very few break down. I wish I had kept it.

Same story here. Makes this new one all the more tempting.

God bless America.

Posts: 13397 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Low to mid 500s should be where MAP will be. Whether Ruger will actually enforce MAP pricing will be another matter; lately they've been rather lax with other guns in their product lineup. Spoke with a couple of distributors yesterday about this and other new product; they haven't made it into the pipeline yet but they expect initial demand to be heavy based on the volume of the same sorts of inquiries made by me yesterday.

It's not pretty, but it'll sell well regardless. By 1pm my time yesterday I already had three customers who want me to get it for them.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Make it look similar to the bottom pic and I'd be interested.

That includes the complete stock set, no sights and smaller bolt handle (and Sig 226 mags Wink ).

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I think Para hit the nail on the head. It looks retarded. This gun looks like it was built to be a selfie-prop. All Ruger had to do was copy Marlin's Camp Carbine and make it work with Glock magazines and thread the tip of the barrel. Done. There's no need for a fluted barrel, giant sights, Pic rails all over, plastic stock, lines everwhere running at different angles.

I'm surprised Ruger didn't give it a pistol grip and a folding stock - the kind that has an AR extensions so the user can put his choice of craptastic plastic AR butt stock on it. Like a Mako FAB Defense design that has angles that aren't already present on this gun. Oh wait, Ruger is probably got that version in the works.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1070 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly believe that our long time forum friend “””Ken @ HOGUE””” will soon make this newly released carbine a prettier carbine.....

Guessing he and his team just need to gets their hands on one and a little R&D time....Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I truly believe that our long time forum friend “””Ken @ HOGUE””” will soon make this newly released carbine a prettier carbine...

I'll look forward to that.

God bless America.

Posts: 13397 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
It certainly looks very disjointed and cheap so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's a leaked photo of a prototype.

Also, I'd prefer if it wasn't a takedown. I don't have any experience to support this but I'd have little confidence in consistent zero with a scope or red dot mounted on the receiver.

My 10/22 takedown retains zero well. If it concerns you, you could set the tension ring for gorilla tightness and never use the takedown feature.

Posts: 14112 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
much better looking than my high point

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54484 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I could see this as a truck gun; however, with the price of ARs right now, I'm pretty sure you won't be able get one of these for less than a S&W Sport or Ruger AR-556.

Just saw that Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has pre-orders for $520 shipped:
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/202341

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I read it will take 10/22 trigger groups.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting one of these. Comes with the Glock mag adapter. Get some Magpul 21 round G17 magazines for under $20 each. Sounds good to me. I've been debating about dumping my Stag 9mm AR.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post