SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I kinda want one.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The actual carbine on the Ruger site looks a whole lot less chintzy than the OP's pic from a blog.

This seems to be SOP for Ruger, they must be looking at the KT Sub2000 flying off the shelves and said "we gotta beat them at their own game!"

They did it with the LCP too; a better fit and finish direct copy of KT's P3AT

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hmmm.... says it has a ghost ring rear sight.

It does. It's just mounted on the barrel, which isn't ideal. You want a ghost ring closer to your eye, to allow it to "fuzz out" while sighting.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Place me in the "I kinda like it" camp. The swappable charging handle is a nice twist. If it proves reliable it will sell well and will be a nice change of pace from the rest of the tacticool carbines out there.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They need to make it look cheaper.
HAhahaha,

That is Fugly has Heck!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They need to make it look cheaper.

It does have a rather "Kel-tec" look about it.
Don't bash Kel-Tec, their crowd will pout! Big Grin Whaahahh

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Weeeellllll...which one would you rather see disappearing into an evidence locker, never to be seen again?

Quite frankly I would not care. Buying a gun to save your life based upon the evidence locker reasoning has always been silly to me. If I have to use a gun to save my life, it sitting in an evidence locker is the LEAST of my concerns.
Game, set, and match.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The actual carbine on the Ruger site looks a whole lot less chintzy than the OP's pic from a blog.

This seems to be SOP for Ruger, they must be looking at the KT Sub2000 flying off the shelves and said "we gotta beat them at their own game!"

They did it with the LCP too; a better fit and finish direct copy of KT's P3AT

Yep, they're gonna have to one-up Kel Tec's advertisement too.

How about:

"For those who'd eat Tootsie-Rolls from the litterbox"?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"For those who'd eat Tootsie-Rolls from the litterbox"?

They even have a video they can use.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I was thinking the same for NY, they will sell well. But that muzzle looks like it might be threaded with a cap, which would be a no-no in NY.

"1/2"-28 threaded barrel with included thread protector allows for use of standard muzzle accessories."

I hope they're smart enough to make them unthreaded as well.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
give me a 357 sig version and I'll buy 3.

or a .45 that'd be alright.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I was thinking the same for NY, they will sell well. But that muzzle looks like it might be threaded with a cap, which would be a no-no in NY.

"1/2"-28 threaded barrel with included thread protector allows for use of standard muzzle accessories."

They are. There are two models: https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

19100 is the standard model with threaded barrel and 17 round magazine.

19101 is the "ban state" model with non-threaded barrel and 10 round magazine.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Ruger site shows a threaded and unthreaded version with included 17 round magazine and 10 round magazine, respectively.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Does the new Ruger carbine take a specific model Glock magazine? I do not see the Glock model specified.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Does the new Ruger carbine take a specific model Glock magazine? I do not see the Glock model specified.
Like the PX4, it comes with a magwell adapter.

EDIT:
From the first bullet point on the website:
https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

[...]an additional magazine well accepting Glock® magazines is included

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The “action/buttstock” and the “forestock/barrel” look like they came from two different guns. Two ugly rifles.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

Glock 17 mags for sure, and I would guess probably G19 mags are a safe bet also. Glock 9mm mags are all the same, just different lengths to flush-fit the different frame sizes. Obviously, not counting the G43.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Glock 17 mags for sure, and I would guess probably G19 mags are a safe bet also. Glock 9mm mags are all the same, just different lengths to flush-fit the different frame sizes.

Thank you for answering my question.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be neat if they came out with an integral suppressed Barrel like the 10/22 take down, especially if it looks like a non suppressed barrel.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
It would be neat if they came out with an integral suppressed Barrel like the 10/22 take down, especially if it looks like a non suppressed barrel.

Yes!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post