SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Get out your credit card boys. Leaked photos of a new Ruger takedown 9mm carbine that can accept a Glock magazine well and/or a Ruger magazine well (it appears) VERY interested!

"The Ruger PC Carbine (hey, at least the name's not gonna confuse anybody) is a "traditional" body style carbine it's a non-AR, non-modular setup that looks more like a 10/22 on performance-enhancing drugs.

Speaking of overlap between the PC Carbine and 10/22, the trigger in the PC Carbine is comprised of 80% 10/22 parts which means if you happen to get a PC Carbine and happen to also get some really good quality 10/22 trigger components, you may magically wind up with a PC Carbine that has an awesome bang switch.

Out of the box, the PC Carbine is configured to accept magazines from Ruger's newest pistol, the Security 9. But plug-and-play mag wells are available for both Ruger SR9 magazines and Glock 9mm magazines. This latter option is going to make the PC Carbine accessible to wide swaths of the existing PCC market who would otherwise have had to commit to proprietary magazines.

In the style of their Scout Rifle, both front and rear iron sights are on the barrel, with a length of Picatinny rail on the receiver. Said sights are also our chief gripe with the PC Carbine, as the rear sight must be loosened with an Allen wrench, moved along a slide, then re-tightened in order to zero. We'd have liked to have seen a click-based adjustment system but since throwing a red dot on top is just too easy, it will likely not be a concern for most. The charging handle is also easily swappable, whether you're a southpaw or whether you fancy running your PC Carbine more like an AK or more like an FAL."

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must resist....must look away....must have strength....

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Want!!!! I hope they are priced around the 10/22 range and not the current price of the old PC Carbines. I've been eyeballin' the PC 40 for a while but the inflated pricing has held me back.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Nothing on their website yet. That would sell like hotcakes!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They need to make it look cheaper.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I’ll grab one when Magpul drops a stock for it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It does have a rather "Kel-tec" look about it.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
No derogatory words from me, just glad Ruger offers this.
I just put a 327 Federal Magnum SP101 on layaway, I guess when this is available, will get one of these.
I will be interested.

Wish it was multi caliber , however.
40sw, 357 sig, 10mm.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
This place is killing me! Another must have! Big Grin

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:

I’d rather buy the Kel-Tec lol. If this thing had wood instead of synthetic I think it would help for me.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That is 7 kinds of ugly.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they threaded the barrel.....Amazing how this becomes a focus now that they are in the suppressor business...

Hogue needs to jump on this opportunity quick because that is one UGLY stock set(Ken @ Hogue - Hint-Hint)....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My quest/search for a 9 mm carbine may be over.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, it's uglier than stink but somehow I still want one.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the stock can hold some extra mags...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done the whole PCC thing. I had a Marlin Camp 45 (filthiest gun I ever shot) and a Ruger PC4. The latter was built like a tank, but weighted the part.

Why won't Ruger make a Ruger 10mm carbine, or a caliber that, you know, actually gains a LOT from the increased barrel length? I believe the answer is the straight blow-back design requires an increasingly massive bolt and receiver, hence the weight.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Done the whole PCC thing. I had a Marlin Camp 45 (filthiest gun I ever shot) and a Ruger PC4. The latter was built like a tank, but weighted the part.

Why won't Ruger make a Ruger 10mm carbine, or a caliber that, you know, actually gains a LOT from the increased barrel length? I believe the answer is the straight blow-back design requires an increasingly massive bolt and receiver, hence the weight.

While we're dreaming it isn't reinventing the wheel for them. The original Ruger .44 mag. carbine was gas operated, so a gas operated 10mm carbine about this size that took Glock 20 mags would make me moist/randy/tingly etc.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:

Seems to be for those that drink their own urine.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^

I see what you did there.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post