SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I don't know why Ruger has made these so Fugly. Not sure why they just couldn't have designed it along the lines of the MINI which is a good looking gun. I have a Camp 9 which looks similar to a Mini and I bought that over the previous Ruger 9mm carbine because of looks and feel/balance. But, if it's not reliable what good is it.

Posts: 15838 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Looks like Parker Mountain Machine will possibly be the first to release an aftermarket handguard. Hopefully many more manufacturers to follow.

Posts: 4443 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Looks like Parker Mountain Machine will possibly be the first to release an aftermarket handguard. Hopefully many more manufacturers to follow.

While I applaud the attempt (and am happy to see signs of the aftermarket taking off for the PC Carbine), that thing doesn't offer much improvement in the aesthetics department, and it looks expensive. I'm really counting on Hogue to come out with a stock that is functional, looks good, and doesn't break the bank.

Posts: 2763 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

While I applaud the attempt (and am happy to see signs of the aftermarket taking off for the PC Carbine), that thing doesn't offer much improvement in the aesthetics department, and it looks expensive. I'm really counting on Hogue to come out with a stock that is functional, looks good, and doesn't break the bank.

Choate makes a lot of different stocks for all of the other rugar semi auto rifles (10/22, mini 14,etc.). I'm willing to bet they'll come out with one for it. I shot a Marlin Camp 9 with one of their folding stocks on it and it was a really nice stock that pointed perfectly.

Posts: 15838 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post