SIGforum
Any feedback on the new B&T APC 308s?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5080001664

January 31, 2020, 04:51 PM
Belgian Blue
Any feedback on the new B&T APC 308s?
It seems there isn't a lot in the way of range reports on the B&T 308s yet. I noticed one on GB that came configured with the MagPul ACR stock and a pinned and welded Surefire comp. It really looked great. Ideally I'd love to have a DMR version (extra credit if they ever make a 6.5 Creedmore version) but it seems as they are offering the ones with pinned and welded compensators with the factory folding stocks.

Before I jump into the B&T 308 pool I'd sure like to see some reviews on their accuracy and how well they hold up durability and functionally. Being B&T products, I'm sure they are slick but anything new, it pays to let the bugs get worked out.

I find it odd that they have yet to offer a "Pro" version of the APC 223. One would think that to be the next evolution of the design.
January 31, 2020, 05:45 PM
Loswsmith
Sorry for the thread drift, but I HATE this site so much. I click of the link thinking, hmmm . . . what is this thing. Then I go to the googles and see some pics and DAMN, I'm thinking now about selling some stuff to fund this $3k rifle configuration that I literally seconds ago did not even know existed. Grrr. . .

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
January 31, 2020, 06:26 PM
Slippery Pete
I've got my eye on that one too. Last I checked I found next to nothing on the internet in terms of first hand stuff. It seems to be kind of niche. If it performs like I think it would, it might be able to edge out the SCAR. Assuming it's durable. And same for the Bren 2. Accuracy is a question mark on both those for me. But dam B&T just screams quality generally speaking. Can't imagine the 308 isn't the same story. I want it to suck cause the price tag gives me anxiety. The APC 45 is another one I purposefully ignore.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/
January 31, 2020, 06:39 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Sorry for the thread drift, but I HATE this site so much. I click of the link thinking, hmmm . . . what is this thing. Then I go to the googles and see some pics and DAMN, I'm thinking now about selling some stuff to fund this $3k rifle configuration that I literally seconds ago did not even know existed. Grrr. . .

Jeez, no kidding.

February 01, 2020, 09:48 AM
Belgian Blue
This thread could use some pictures...

Here's the carbine version with MagPul ACR stock:

Courtesy of GunBroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854203338

Here's the DMR version:

Courtesy Tar Heel State Firearms:

https://tarheelstatefirearms.c..._id=458&search=b%26T
February 01, 2020, 09:55 AM
Dwill104
They certainly seem very high priced.
February 01, 2020, 10:02 AM
RHINOWSO

February 01, 2020, 10:43 AM
smschulz
It reminds me of the Robinson Arms XCR.
February 01, 2020, 12:28 PM
Shackelford
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:

Unlike the official B&T options, that stock looks like it belongs.

TBH, I haven’t been following the SCAR and competitors other too closely, but is there a new standard for detachable stocks that these rifles all use? Or is there some custom B&T to ACR stock adaptor they are using?
February 01, 2020, 09:51 PM
jac1304
The GB link at 3899.00 is a bridge too far for my pocket book.
February 02, 2020, 08:34 AM
Belgian Blue
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:

Unlike the official B&T options, that stock looks like it belongs.

TBH, I haven’t been following the SCAR and competitors other too closely, but is there a new standard for detachable stocks that these rifles all use? Or is there some custom B&T to ACR stock adaptor they are using?

There’s a company that makes adapter blocks, Dan Haga Designs I think. The ACR stock looks great on the B&T but I’d wonder what the cheek weld would be like. It might be great, or a little too high. Really would like to see it in person.
February 06, 2020, 12:27 AM
10X-Shooter
Yep, Dan Haga adapters.
February 06, 2020, 09:23 AM
kilyung
I really want one but already have two SCAR 17S and a 20S on order. Hard to justify buying yet another 308 semi at these prices. The one incontestable advantage the B&T has over the SCAR is that it’s imported as a pistol so you can put a brace on it with a pin/welded short barrel. The SCAR 17S is only offered as a rifle so SBR is the only route to a shorter barrel.