SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Meili SIG 550 hard case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meili SIG 550 hard case Login/Join 
posted
Was searching egun for something to spend my COLA on and ran across this Meili SIG 550 case. $400.00 is alot to spend for a plastic transport/storage case. It could have been wrose though. I have wanted one for a long time to complete the set, but at the time they were being sold I just didn't have the descretionary funds available.

G57

Posts: 78 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Nice! Can't wait for the pics of the gun in the case!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
You will like the case and so will your SIG. Here is my 550-1 in it's Meili case.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
$400 is a terrific price at least in the US market

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PGT,

Yes, I thought the $400 was a little steep until I did a little research on what the going price was. Rumor had it that one of the importers of high end firearms bought all the remaining cases from the Meili distributor and was selling them state side for $1100.00. Normalized prices seemed to be between $800.00-$1000.00 if you can find one for sale. I can't remember what the price was back in the day, but that's water under the bridge. I'm just happy I stumbled onto it when I did. I think I came out of the sale in a good position.

G57

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I bought one from West Coast Armory for $800 a year or so back and was happy to get it for that ($$ still but not going to get cheaper)

posted Hide Post
MG34_Dan,

That's a cool set up. I remember when IEA had the 6X42 BL scopes for sale. By the time I saved up the money to buy one they were all out of the green ones. I still kick myself for not buying a black one and having it painted. It wouldn't have ben original but I would still be able to shoot with it. I did snag a few of the green Steiners with the money though. They make a good consolation prize.

G57

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Green57,

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
mg34dan - what's coiled up in the plastic bag under the handguards in the first pic?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
mg34dan - what's coiled up in the plastic bag under the handguards in the first pic?

Looks like one of the 55x spare parts kit that Larry Gaglio used to sell.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2320 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
While mine isn't as complete as MG34_Dan's your 550 will feel right at home! I'd like to run across one of those spare parts kits one of these days.

The Peak Case Company also makes custom cases they you can design yourself, and they aren't outrageously priced.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green57:
MG34_Dan,

That's a cool set up. I remember when IEA had the 6X42 BL scopes for sale. By the time I saved up the money to buy one they were all out of the green ones. I still kick myself for not buying a black one and having it painted. It wouldn't have ben original but I would still be able to shoot with it. I did snag a few of the green Steiners with the money though. They make a good consolation prize.

G57

The Hensoldt 6X42 BL scope on my 550-1 has the "Special" Christmas Tree Reticle. The one's that IEA was selling had the standard cross reticle.

quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Looks like one of the 55x spare parts kit that Larry Gaglio used to sell.

Yep. It's one of Larry's kits.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post