SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Gun Safes - Advice Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Safes - Advice Needed Login/Join 
Picture of DPeticca
posted
My first safe. Have a few pistols and as many long guns. Would like something under 2 grand. Was looking at the Winchester Defender 17 and 25 on Amazon. Like the size of them. Looked at Liberty safes online the prices seem a little high and not sure about delivery options.

Am open to the wisdom of the forum.

Posts: 147 | Location: Spring City, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do a search. This comes up a lot. I have a Liberty Lincoln 50 that fits my needs. Get one bigger than you think you need. A safe is buy once cry once kinda thing.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Drake Safe Co

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Winchester is made in china.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberty Fatboy JR for me. You'll buy more guns. With a moving coupon from the post office and if your mil or ex military you can get one from Lowe's or depot for around $600-700. Nice safe with lots of room.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Definitely buy bigger than you think you will need.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Fort Knox Protector 7241, fire rated at 1680 degrees for 90 minutes. This is a really well built American made safe with American Steel.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post