SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How to date Rem 552 Speedmaster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to date Rem 552 Speedmaster Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted
Who knows the cheat codes to date a Remington Speedmaster Model 552?

I have been thinking about adding one to my collection of classic .22 rifles.

Anything I should know about these 552's?

Thanks for your guidance.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Had mine since childhood.

Absolutely beautiful wood! Styling based on the semi~auto center fire rifles they offered back in the day.

Uhm...what can I say, shot gobs of rounds through mine. Plenty accurate and reliable.

In its prime, when I got mine new for Christmas as a kid, it’s main competitor was the little browning that you loaded through the stock. I asked for the Remington. Maybe that was a future monetary mistake from a collecting standpoint but I don’t regret it from a performance standpoint.

My 11 year old really likes shooting mine which proves that Life, when done right, comes full circle!

No help on dating though. Call Remington ??

0:01

Posts: 4207 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
date by barrel code,

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/

first letter is month (will be one of the following,,, BLACKPOWDERX) rest are year

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lyman!!
That’s what I recall seeing once before.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post