SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M1A Scope Mount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1A Scope Mount Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I just took the pain and bought the M1A Precision that I have been lusting after. It is 6.5 Ceedmore. I have never owned an M1A and my only experience with the platform was an M14 with iron sights many years ago. I am going to scope it. Please school me on the scope mount I should use. Thanks

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I can tell you one thing....don't buy cheap. You'll only regret it it.

Pricey but top quality.

https://www.brownells.com/opti...=SADLAK%2bINDUSTRIES

or...

http://www.smithenterprise.com/products03.03.html

From time to time the Springfield receivers themselves are out of spec somewhat causing the mounting to be an issue and getting it sighted in.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I have a Sadlak Airborne on my M1A Supermatch.

Very happy with it.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
I can tell you one thing....don't buy cheap. You'll only regret it it.

SADLAK for me.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Sadlak, Smith (SEI) or Bassett.

I run a GG&G SOCOM II mount on my EBR, however the absence of a top rail on your rifle eliminates that option.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sadlak steel, Sadlak Airborne or Bassett. ARMS-18 is the lowest and it's solid, but you may have to tune the ejector (cut a coil or two off) to make sure the spent case clears the receiver.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the A.R.M.S. #18 mount on my loaded model and find it to be a very secure mount.

Posts: 247 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
SADLAK it is. Thanks for the advice. Excited about picking up the rifle today

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in hearing how that thing shoots. Seems to me that a M1A in 6.5 would be a real pleasure to operate, even before you take into account the downrage ballistic benefits of the cartridge.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
SADLAK it is. Thanks for the advice. Excited about picking up the rifle today

You won't regret it!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'd be interested in hearing how that thing shoots. Seems to me that a M1A in 6.5 would be a real pleasure to operate, even before you take into account the downrage ballistic benefits of the cartridge.

I have only been able to find one box of ammo at an exorbitant price, and have not been able to get the scope and mount I want. I went to shoot the rifle from the bench with iron sights yesterday-the rifle is dead nuts accurate as expected, with surprisingly mild recoil. Then the treasure hunt for the spent brass. I am really looking forward to getting the scope on it, it has the prospect of becoming my favorite rifle.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)