Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Possibly. Check out about 7:00 of this video, shows removal of an extractor from a 229, but it’s the same setup.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If it were me I’d take it apart and figure out what the issue was. If it’s a broken spring you should be able to find a replacement easy enough, and for less than $27.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I called Sig, and they said that they would fix it under warranty, but that there would be a $27 shipping charge. My main concern is, this particular 522 is registered as an SBR (form 1). I informed the CS rep that since its an SBR I am pretty sure I cant send the firearm back in to them for service, but he talked to his supervisor and they said it would be ok. Can anyone verify this info? I am very uncomfortable sending in a form 1 SBR. I offered to send in just the BCG, but they said they needed the entire weapon.

Yes. Its best if they send you a pre-printed label vs. you sending it yourself.

I've sent a suppressor in for service; its normal to do so on NFA items for "repair"

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask if you can just send the bolt.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I think I’d be tempted to pull the spring out (if it is broken) and try to source it locally. Gotta be somewhere nearby that carries various machine screws/springs/etc.

Complacency sucks…

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
check CDNN. They have some sig parts like springs and extractors.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post