SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Machine Gun Helicopters in Las Vegas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Machine Gun Helicopters in Las Vegas Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I'll be in my bunk.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
And, I'll be out there in August for a conference. Hmmm...

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would assume it will only cost you 1K to fire 100 rounds out of a chopper. Am I wrong?

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blasto:
I would assume it will only cost you 1K to fire 100 rounds out of a chopper. Am I wrong?

If I correctly understand their website:
$888 for 100 rounds
$1058 for 200 rounds
$1148 for 300 rounds

With a full auto SAW, that ammo won't last very long unless the shooter has pretty good trigger control.

A few years ago I attended a Rifles Only Helicopter Assault course in Texas. We students shot our own semi-auto carbines and ammo; Rifles Only supplied the Robinson chopper. I don't recall the cost of the 3-day course, but suspect it was in the $1,000 ballpark.

I recall at least 7 flights per student -- 3 or 4 times on simple practice courses to develop basic skills, 3 more in the substantially more difficult competition course, and one final flight for "critter control". I changed my 30-round mags on every flight, so I'm guessing 300-400 rounds fired from the chopper during the one day of flying -- which was the second day of the course.

The first day of the course was shooting while moving on the ground. In other words, no chopper. We shot at stationery steel targets while walking forwards, backwards, left, and right. Strong side and weak side, too. I learned a lot.

The third day of the course was on the ground. We had our choice of a shoot house or long distance with ARs. The two SWAT officers chose the shoot house; the overseas contractors and I chose long distance AR work. I got out to 800 yards before my 69 SMK bullets started flying wonky.

I feel the Vegas chopper experience is a little pricey, but it should be an experience one will never forget.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much it would cost to run a few minutes with a Dillon M134 Eek...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QGE23Uykd1Y

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dayum! ..and here I thought I was daring when I rented a Viper for my brothers birthday trip down there....

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
$689 for the flight including 100 rounds. $199 for 100 more rounds.

Looks like fun!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I like helicopters as much as the next guy, but shooting at two dummies on a couch from a stationary position just wouldn't do it for me. Certainly not in the $1000 ball park. Moving targets, ie. pigs, on the go, is a different story. I can see spending the $ on that.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel the Vegas chopper experience is a little pricey, but it should be an experience one will never forget.

It is VEGAS, after all. And you don't need to travel to BFE Texas to do it. Wink

Me, I enjoyed by 2 x 50rd boxes of M2 out the side of a HH-60.

"It's easy, you just don't lead em so much!!!"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I like helicopters as much as the next guy, but shooting at two dummies on a couch from a stationary position just wouldn't do it for me. Certainly not in the $1000 ball park. Moving targets, ie. pigs, on the go, is a different story. I can see spending the $ on that.
It's a little harder than it looks like. Wink

And I venture they cater to the least common denominator.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post