SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pistol Caliber Rifles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Caliber Rifles Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking I would like to buy a pistol caliber rifle. Since I have a GP100 in .357 I though the Henry might be a good choice. Does anyone have experience with this rifle, and would
you care to comment on the pros and cons?

Walt

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...rumOID=630601935&p=3

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have one. I shoot cowboy with it. It also does fine with hot .357. The loading drill requires a bit of care, as the brass tube is susceptible to bending if abused. I really love the heft and the octagon barrel with brass receiver. Mine is about a 3 inch hundred yard gun, with the buckhorn and bead combination. It could probably do better. I only shoot 158 grain ammo in it, but for no real good reason.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lt that is the kind of information I was looking for. I find the brass edition a little heavy, and I have been looking at the Big Boy steel with the 20" barrel. Should go well with my GP 100. I would love to find one of the old Marlins, but they are going for more than the new ones now.
Walt

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post