SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scout Rifle!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scout Rifle! Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Thank you Black Friday at the Orlando Gun Show. Added a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32 to my M1A Scout Squad. At 2X, it's perfect free hand from the shoulder, and at 7X, it's still clear with proper eye relief from a rest. Will likely get to zero it next weekend. So far, I am very happy. The rings have witness holes so that the iron sights are still functional. Not that I can hit anything with them and my eyes; that's why I bought the scope...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is nice! If I were to get an M1A, it would be that model.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Make sure you inspect the mount to ensure that the operating rod is not rubbing anywhere. If it is, that’s bad for accuracy. File down the scope mount where the contact is and hit it with some cold blue.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony. I am going to look up your accuritizing tips (shimming, etc.) and give the gun a thorough going over.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post