SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mid length 16" AR upper on a rifle lower. Will it function?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mid length 16" AR upper on a rifle lower. Will it function? Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted
I have a 20" A2 configuration AR and wanted to play around with. I've got a 16" mid length upper hanging around and was wondering if this would function ok if I drop this upper on my rifle lower?
What sayeth the forum AR gurus?

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it will function, assuming there are no issues with the 16" upper.

The length of the barrel in the upper has no relationship to the lower.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was stationed at FT Drum, I had to put my 16" BCM Mid length on a lower receiver with a rifle buffer, spring and tube. I had no issues with it shooting 5.56mm or .223 Wal-Mart special ammo.

Your mileage may vary based on ammo and gas port size, but based on my sample size of one it should work.

Posts: 4590 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I carry at work. As an aside, I've also put the same upper on a CAR style with a slidefire stock. No issues whatsoever.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post