SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What's the purpose of slider style AR magazine loaders?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the purpose of slider style AR magazine loaders? Login/Join 
posted
I'm not talking about the MAGLULA type. I have those and use them all the time.

I'm referring to the type you stack the rounds in and then pull a lever to push them into the magazine. I just found a couple in my junk box, so must have found them pretty useless shortly after purchasing. If I'm going to take the time to set each round into the loader, why not just load them directly into the magazine?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are good if you are loading for a range or a class.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Not challenging you, but trying to understand how you would use it more efficiently than a MAGLULA

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Are you talking like the StripLula? If so, they are awesome if your ammo is on stripper clips. About 10 seconds to load a 30rd mag. Otherwise, slower. I generally put my plinking loads on stripper clips when I reload and then bag them up for storage.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Are you talking like the StripLula? If so, they are awesome if your ammo is on stripper clips. About 10 seconds to load a 30rd mag. Otherwise, slower. I generally put my plinking loads on stripper clips when I reload and then bag them up for storage.

This^^. My mags are all loaded so I filled a boat load of stripper clips that are ready to go. 10 per clip, 3 to load a mag. 10 seconds sounds about right. The clips are very cheap and reusable.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This type. I don't think it's made to work with stripper clips.

https://cammenga.com/product/l...azine-loader-rel223/

Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I'm still running stripper clips. I load up a few and off to the range I go. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post