SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any using a Bootleg B.C.G. ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any using a Bootleg B.C.G. ? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’m thinking of getting one of these to help control the gas to my face while shooting my AR’s suppressed.. especially indoors. I haven’t seen a hands down “yes it works”. It’s a bit of a pricey experiment at $150+. Hopefully someone has one. Thanks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I haven't used one.

Adjustable gas blocks worked for me. And RTV sealant on the CH.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
They have been out for 2-3 years now and seem well made (Bootleg is a partner with PWS). It would be an easy fix if it works as described. I have a Superlative Arms gas block on one gun, but this is a more simple fix.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Geissele ACH/SCH does this for me, along with a properly gassed rifle in the first place.

I never get gas to the face in my suppressed ARs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it works. They are great, with two caveats: you have to start with a properly ported barrel and use a low back pressure can.

I have experience with the Gemtech SBC, which is made for GT by Bootleg. A friend has one in his lmt mrp 10.5 upper. Suppressor is a DeadAir Sandman S. We shot it a ton on my Colt m16a1 lower. With a properly ported barrel, it is fantastic. Zero gas/carbon blowback. ROF is perfect, not jacked up in speed. In contrast, use it on a barrel with a large port and with a high back pressure can, and it’s less impressive - case in point my 10.5 noveske with aac M4-2k.

Start with a properly ported barrel and use a can that minimizes back pressure (SF or DeadAir) and I think you’ll be very pleased.

The only complaint about both the GT and Bootleg offerings is they do a crap staking job, use loctite on the gas key screws, and use cheap YFS screws. That’s a quick fix.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I have a Gemtech branded BCG in my 12.5” Suppressed Aero SBR. Never any issues and does cut down on the gas to the face issue.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I think I’ll give one a whirl. I have two SBR’d AR’s that I shoot suppressed, they need some help in this area.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Geissele ACH/SCH does this for me, along with a properly gassed rifle in the first place.

I never get gas to the face in my suppressed ARs.

I'm going to try the Geissele ACH on my SBR for next try. I only get gas face indoor shooting. Never notice it outdoors.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have the Gemtech bolt carrier and like it.
I was waiting on Black Friday for Gemtech to post a sale but nothing. Found Bootleg, really goof BF sale , so I ordered 2.
Haven’t been to the range to try the Bootleg yet.
Going to put Geissele charging handles to replace BCM handles for a better “gas” seal.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good folks, let me know your results SIGfourme.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Are the Geissele charging handle that good at keeping gas off your face? I bought a Radian Raptor-SD with the cuts awhile back when there was a blem-sale, and it works pretty good.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’m planning on picking one up for a Grendel build. The ability to switch setting without having to use a tiny little Allen wrench to adjust an adjustable gas block makes it a winner.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
15% off at Bootleg site now

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post