SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Searching for Eotech...anywhere...is EOTECH on Amazon legit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searching for Eotech...anywhere...is EOTECH on Amazon legit? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm trying to lay hands on an EXPS2-0 and, like any top dollar red dots, they're hens teeth.

So I found some on Amazon. Roll Eyes

It lists the seller as EOTECH and the price is the usual price for the sight. Just don't want to get ripped off by a Chinese fake. Based on ratings, I'd say it's legit.

Am I GTG? Or does anyone have any other sources for this sight? Europtic is backordered, AIM is out, Optics Planet "stocks" them, but knowing them, it's a 2 year backorder.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I’d be wary of amazon for anything like that.

I’ve bought at rifle gear before and they are gtg in my opinion
https://www.riflegear.com/p-601-eotech-xps2-0.aspx

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I picked up an RS Regulate mount on Amazon once. Called up RS Regulate first to verify it was the real deal, and then pulled the trigger.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Last year I bought a 512 for $375 and 518 for $450 through Amazon, both 100% legit. Still have the 518.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Try B+H:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c..._brand_name%3Aeotech

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For fuck's sake...left the house for a few hours, come back to purchase and all 7 that were supposedly in stock are gone. Roll Eyes

Moot question, I suppose.

I'll try B&H, even though they don't seem to actually have them in stock. My dad has gotten lots of photo gear from them and always has good experience, so hopefully they'll come through in a timely manner.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
If youre interested in an EXPS 3-0 or XPS 2-0, shoot me an email.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. I just ordered one an XPS2-0 last night, though, from B&H.

If I don't hear from them within the restock window they offered of 7-10 days, I'll drop you a line!

posted Hide Post
Yeah it's interesting to see the 'run' on optics of all kinds, from cheapie Primary Arms stuff to quality RDS / Optics.

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've had similar problems trying to find an Aimpoint PRO (never should have sold my old one). I did find out by contacting Aimpoint (US) that they do now sell on Amazon and EBay. I ordered one from Amazon seller Aimpoint and received the standard confirmation email from Amazon as well as a separate email directly from Aimpoint customer service.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure a good bit of the drama is supply / shipping interruptions that have been going on the past 2-3 months with all the Rona crap. I know all the companies getting optics from China have been hit pretty hard (Primary Arms, etc), plus Aimpoint has to import them as well.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’d returned an older 512 to take Eotech up on their 50% off trade-in coupon offer. Had been watching for the 518+G33 magnifier combo to come back in stock on their site to use it; took a while but I was finally able to score one a couple weeks ago.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

If I don't hear from them within the restock window they offered of 7-10 days, I'll drop you a line!

Well if it ran you 625.00, I can have it to you in about a week and save you 100.00

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Well if it ran you 625.00, I can have it to you in about a week and save you 100.00

Just spoke to them and cancelled the order, since it was apparently way back ordered and the 7-10 day estimate was a no-go.

Email inbound, since you've got one in hand.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I'm sure a good bit of the drama is supply / shipping interruptions that have been going on the past 2-3 months with all the Rona crap. I know all the companies getting optics from China have been hit pretty hard (Primary Arms, etc), plus Aimpoint has to import them as well.

That seems to go for American products bought through drop shippers as well. Just got a "product shipped" notice on a Leupold sixteen days after it was ordered and paid for, and had a similar situation with a couple of Armalite factory handguards.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Fakes are getting harder to pick out. I got taken on a fake MRO sight earlier in the year at a Gun Show. Looked really good, but would not hold zero.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
If youre interested in an EXPS 3-0 or XPS 2-0, shoot me an email.

If the OP doesn’t want the exps then message me about it, please.
Thanks

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With optics I only go through reputable dealers. You might save some money on Amazon or you might get a shitty knockoff. At this price pint not worth it to me.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post