SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg Shockwave with SB Brace and Adapter.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg Shockwave with SB Brace and Adapter. Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
So I've had the shockwave for a while. I've shot it enough to know where it hit but it didn't really make my skirt fly up. Then two things happened.

First was the OPSol Mini-clip adapter that permits the Shockwave to reliably feed the Mini-shotshells. This permits the shorty shotgun to up the capacity to 8+1. http://www.opsolmini-clip.com/...wxRbb5caAml3EALw_wcB

THEN I stumbled upon the Pistol grip and brace by SB. I put it on this morning and took it out to the range. Even with the buckshot it was very easy on the shoulder and lots of fun to shoot. They list for $199, but I got it from $129.
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/590-sbm4/

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Pictures:

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
It makes a good gun great IMO.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
So David W, do you have a source for less expensive Mini shotshells?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought the Remington 870 version of that gun, that comes from the factory with the pistol grip and brace. Very cool gun.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

Bulk Mini Shotgun shells: https://www.brownells.com/ammu...0.aspx?sku=105003535

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Rolan, how did you get the brace and adapter so cheap? I want one but $200 seems a bit steep.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Cooger, Check Ebay. I also had a buddy at this store. He gave me as good a deal as he could.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bulk Mini Shotgun shells: https://www.brownells.com/ammu...0.aspx?sku=105003535

That's a lot cheaper than the ones I have bought for sure! Seems the buck shot is a lot harder to find as well.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

That's a lot cheaper than the ones I have bought for sure! Seems the buck shot is a lot harder to find as well.

They have buck and slugs.

Also check Cheaper than dirt.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I need this!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the next thing it needs is a QD sling adapter on the buffer tube.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

posted Hide Post
Looking to try something very similar but with the Remington. Thanks for the inspiration.

Posts: 14 | Location: TN | Registered: February 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you switch to any brace you want, like the collapsible versions or does adding a different brace and buffer tube change the classification of the weapon?

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just built a similar gun on a Tac 14 for a customer. We considered the SB brace, but even to doing a Mesa Tactical AR stock and grip adapter, SBA3 brace, and Magpul grip. We went that route for the collapsible brace. The Mesa adapter also has a built in QD point.

I just quoted another member on the SB brace for the Mossberg. If anybody else wants one, email me for SF pricing.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I just built a similar gun on a Tac 14 for a customer. We considered the SB brace, but even to doing a Mesa Tactical AR stock and grip adapter, SBA3 brace, and Magpul grip. We went that route for the collapsible brace. The Mesa adapter also has a built in QD point.

I just quoted another member on the SB brace for the Mossberg. If anybody else wants one, email me for SF pricing.

Beat me to it! I was just about to point them in your direction Wink

Email me a price on the Mesa/SBA3 setup, please.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’m diggin this setup. Thanks for posting this as I “kinda” love mine in 20 gauge. Thanks again!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find myself again, wanting one of these. Especially with the advent of being able to use min shells.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
My 590 12ga

Has a Lyman stock adapter and magpul pistol grip. I dont recommend this setup if you have a bad back like I do. I only shot it once and put it away.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post