SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 556xi Parts Kits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 556xi Parts Kits Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
I have one that I would like to get back up springs for the rifle. Anyone know where I can get a set

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure Sig has dropped all support for the 556 and 556xi platforms. You might have to try an overseas site.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I heard . Sig has dropped all support and parts for the 556. Which sucks since my 556 is a SBR.

Posts: 634 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
The best source for spare parts is a second gun Razz

If that doesn't work for ya, you might try GunBroker

On yet another note, I've got a couple early 556's that have many thousand rounds through them and yet haven't had a problem, also a 551 & 552 that are police trade-ins, 15-20 years old, unknown rounds through them and they also still run flawlessly.

In short, I wouldn't be too concerned.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Might be worth dropping a note to the folks at JDI Firearms?

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
I have one that I would like to get back up springs for the rifle. Anyone know where I can get a set

MGW had 556 spring sets (inc recoil) in stock a month ago....I picked up a few sets.

Posts: 205 | Location: United States | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Just checked MGW "out of stock" is the status. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post