SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So, thanks for the help guys.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, thanks for the help guys. Login/Join 
Picture of jezsuiz
posted
After asking for barrel recommendations from the forum to assemble an AR, I came up with this

I put a faxon 1-8 socom profile barrel in. Have about 1000 rounds through it. I can shoot about 2.5in at 100 yard groups from the prone. I am not a bench shooter and do not have any kind of real rest so It may be able to do even better. All told all the parts came to about $800. I know there are cheaper ways to build a rifle but I am extremely pleased.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looking good. Especially for $800! You must have lucked out one some awesome sales. The Aimpoint alone is about half that.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rifle.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
The aimpoint is an M2. The upper and lower were supposed to be grey. I guess technically it is? Other than that pretty stoked.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post