SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bitten by the Long Range Bug
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bitten by the Long Range Bug Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted
My first experience shooting long range was last weekend. Took a three day precision rifle course where we shot from 100 to 650 yards. What a blast. There were 7 in the class. At the ranges we were shooting, my Tikka CTR had no trouble keeping up with the much more expensive custom guns. The two Gas rifles in the class were good to about 400 yards, then the groups opened way up. The last drill was 9 steel targets at unknown distances between 400 and 650 yards. I did not find range estimation too difficult (it’s just math if you know the size of the target), but wind calls were hard. Still, I loved the experience. Need to do more of it!

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ColtM4
posted Hide Post
Which class did you take?

I don't need no teenage queen, all I need is my M-14

Posts: 351 | Location: On the Range | Registered: February 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
This one:

Precision Rifle 1

It was great.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I shoot a custom 6mm bra.
600 IBS & 100 club matchs.
It is a trip. Get your wallet ready !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post