SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Remington 700 BDL in .270 Winchester
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New Remington 700 BDL in .270 Winchester Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
OP,
Your newly acquired 700BDL current production RR prefix serial numbered receiver is of "short cam" bolt handle design which will NOT extract smokeless primer modules from said breech plugs.

Since Rem blues the Bbl'd action since Dthru current RR receivers-
I'd suggest that you clean the chamber & bore by hand lapping or it will be a copper streaking carbon fouling tent state of a BBL.


Favor Center,Mass.
 
Posts: 63 | Location: Fbks,AK. | Registered: March 23, 2020Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:

OP,
Your newly acquired 700BDL current production RR prefix serial numbered receiver is of "short cam" bolt handle design which will NOT extract smokeless primer modules from said breech plugs.

Since Rem blues the Bbl'd action since Dthru current RR receivers-
I'd suggest that you clean the chamber & bore by hand lapping or it will be a copper streaking carbon fouling tent state of a BBL.

Favor Center,Mass.



Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up.
 
Posts: 3718 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up.


Big Grin




“The most common reaction to a life-or-death situation is to do nothing.”
— Amanda Ripley, The Unthinkable: who survives when disaster strikes and why (New York: Three Rivers Press, 2008)
 
Posts: 42852 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Note to the OP, don't rebarrel your new .270 into a muzzle loader. Check.


_____________________________________________________
Sliced bread, the greatest thing since the 1911.

 
Posts: 18123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I swear, if I could find one of those '70s Redfield scopes, mint condition, gloss finish, with the TV-screen shaped objective lens, I'd be tempted to mount that bad boy on this rifle in some see through mounts. '70s deer hunting goodness.


Growing up, my dad deer hunted with a Remington 700 .270 with a Redfield Widefield scope. He kept the scope when he traded the rifle and later put in on a 10/22. Last year gave my kids that 10/22 with the Widefield scope. That thing is the bees knees!


I had a 2-7 Widefield on a 700BDL in 300WM back in the late 70s. By today's standards, the clarity wasn't all that great and the adjustments not as precise. Still, once you got them locked in, they were very nice. I appreciated the ability to keep the scope mounted low while still retaining a bit more field of view.
 
Posts: 8407 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Op & the other 700 Guru's w/o a clue

When your 700 will NOT extract fired brass from the chamber,do not induce harmonics/vibration w/ a 2x4 or a hammer since the bolt handle is silver brazed to the body. DUH!!

Have either of the guru's ever repaired one-NO

Would you have the slightest clue what's involved-NO


Favor Center,Mass.
 
Posts: 63 | Location: Fbks,AK. | Registered: March 23, 2020Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 6586 | Registered: May 12, 2004Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It's beautiful.

But it points to all the downfall of Remington threads. "700 BDL Custom Deluxe", once upon a time that was just a 700.


That's what mine was called back in 1977, so it's a fairly old model designation.
 
Posts: 8407 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
Op & the other 700 Guru's w/o a clue

When your 700 will NOT extract fired brass from the chamber,do not induce harmonics/vibration w/ a 2x4 or a hammer since the bolt handle is silver brazed to the body. DUH!!

Have either of the guru's ever repaired one-NO

Would you have the slightest clue what's involved-NO



You're right, I have no F'n clue what you're talking about. "Primer modules?"
 
Posts: 8407 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Tony Zak, is that you?
I was offered some Old Overholt rye whiskey when I woke up outside Fairbanks at 6:00 A.M. one time, but I thought that was the exception rather than the rule even there.




“The most common reaction to a life-or-death situation is to do nothing.”
— Amanda Ripley, The Unthinkable: who survives when disaster strikes and why (New York: Three Rivers Press, 2008)
 
Posts: 42852 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Tony Zak, is that you?
I was offered some Old Overholt rye whiskey when I woke up outside Fairbanks at 6:00 A.M. one time, but I thought that was the exception rather than the rule even there.


Sigfreund, this is the same guy that, on another sig forum, claims he was sold a select fire Mini-14 made for the prison and "penile" industry by a guy who didn't know what he had. When DansSIGs discovered what he had, he "cut it up to get it out of circulation."

He's our very own Gecko45.
 
Posts: 3718 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will remember that.




“The most common reaction to a life-or-death situation is to do nothing.”
— Amanda Ripley, The Unthinkable: who survives when disaster strikes and why (New York: Three Rivers Press, 2008)
 
Posts: 42852 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Sigfreund, this is the same guy that, on another sig forum, claims he was sold a select fire Mini-14 made for the prison and "penile" industry by a guy who didn't know what he had. When DansSIGs discovered what he had, he "cut it up to get it out of circulation."
He's our very own Gecko45.


Micro & Sig F-Up,
Your reading & comprehension is AFU.
I purchased a select fire Mini from an idiot that hadn't a clue what he had.
I cut the POS Ruger into pieces to take it out of circulation.

The BP module was a reference to the inability of current Rem's extraction issues-
DUH

And GFY's


Favor Center,Mass.
 
Posts: 63 | Location: Fbks,AK. | Registered: March 23, 2020Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I'll take note. Thanks.

I have to admit, your Walter Mitty ramblings have made for some entertaining reading.
 
Posts: 3718 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
OP,
Your newly acquired 700BDL current production RR prefix serial numbered receiver is of "short cam" bolt handle design which will NOT extract smokeless primer modules from said breech plugs.


Fill us in with your expertise. Where is the "breech plug" located in a centerfire rifle (270 Win) chamber? Is "primer module" the cool new name for brass cases?
 
Posts: 8407 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Fill us in with your expertise. Where is the "breech plug" located in a centerfire rifle (270 Win) chamber? Is "primer module" the cool new name for brass cases?[/QUOTE]

Read,Heed,Comprehend Einstein-
The BP module was a reference to the inability of current Rem's extraction issues-
DUH

I've repaired TIMING issue(s) on over 10,000 Rem/Clone actions for the best in the world since the late 80's.

Pull your head out prior to typing your ignorance.


Favor Center,Mass.
 
Posts: 63 | Location: Fbks,AK. | Registered: March 23, 2020Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
I've repaired TIMING issue(s) on over 10,000 Rem/Clone actions for the best in the world since the late 80's.

Pull your head out prior to typing your ignorance.


Oh, I believe you. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 3718 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DansSIGs:
I've repaired TIMING issue(s) on over 10,000 Rem/Clone actions for the best in the world since the late 80's./QUOTE]
Oh, I believe you. Roll Eyes

Enquiring minds want to know..... Just for grins, 1987 to 2020 is 33 years. 10,000 divided by 33 is 303 actions per year. Assuming vacations & holidays, maybe 48 weeks of work per year. Which means 6.3 actions per week, or an average of 1-1/4 actions every day. Every single frickin' day for 33 frickin' years. Ab-so-frickin'-lutely. As my staff says... Well..That's..Fantastic....
 
Posts: 6696 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Enquiring minds want to know..... Just for grins, 1987 to 2020 is 33 years. 10,000 divided by 33 is 303 actions per year. Assuming vacations & holidays, maybe 48 weeks of work per year. Which means 6.3 actions per week, or an average of 1-1/4 actions every day. Every single frickin' day for 33 frickin' years. Ab-so-frickin'-lutely. As my staff says... Well..That's..Fantastic....


Thanks for extrapolating this out. It's a valid observation. One person, 10,000 action jobs for just timing. Roll Eyes

But it was posted well past his bedtime. When mom gives him computer time today, maybe he'll gives us an answer. Smile
 
Posts: 3718 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Thanks for extrapolating this out. It's a valid observation. One person, 10,000 action jobs for just timing. Roll Eyes

But it was posted well past his bedtime. When mom gives him computer time today, maybe he'll gives us an answer. Smile


Hey! I'm still looking for an explanation of where the breech plug is located on my centerfire 700s. I want to make sure I buy some mil-spec breech plug grease to properly maintain it. Razz

Remember also, the "best in the world" are sending their rifles to Alaska to have them worked on. Surely one of you guys that shoots competition has heard of his shop that is so highly regarded.
 
Posts: 8407 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  

Closed Topic Closed

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Remington 700 BDL in .270 Winchester

© SIGforum 2020