SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Riflescope primer (diagram added)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riflescope primer (diagram added) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This past weekend I shot in the rain-shortened 1000 yard match. I wanted to get some rounds downrange to verify the setup before the state match in a couple of weeks.

As it turned out the elevation was dead on, as expected and windage was a bit off, but that understandable as I did not put the other scope back to "no wind" zero before shooting the two rounds on the tall target, and the wind on Sunday was fairly intense and if the other direction from the settings. Nevertheless, I was in the black in a couple of shots and shooting 10s and Xs until I started shooting for record. After my initial X, one-on, the wind just kept up a crazy dance ahead of the big Texas rainstorm that dumped on us a little later.

I did notice that I could see the reticle quite clearly and I'm very happy with the decision to change the reticle and the selection I made.

Next up, I will be discussing reticles on this thread.

Posts: 2868 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post