SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta CX4 storm carbine in 45

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Beretta CX4 storm carbine in 45 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone own a CX4 carbine in 45? LGS near me has a mint one I can get for 625 plus tax. The carbine comes with a barrel shroud, cheap red dot, laser, flashlight, magpul angled for grip, one factory mag and another factory mag with a kit that increases mag capacity to 16 rounds. I think 625 is a good price for the gun and accessories but it's always nice to get others opinions.

It's my understanding the carbine takes cougar mags? How easy or difficult is it to find extra mags since beretta no longer produces the cougar 8045? I'd like a 45 carbine and this gun fits my budget. I'd really love a Kriss or HK UMP but both are well out of my price range.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Report This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The Beretta subsidiary Stoeger still makes the .45 Cougar and has extra mags usually available on thier website.

SierraPapa is a CX4 gunsmithing outfit that also fabricates replacement parts including a device that allows PX4 45 magazines to be used in the CX45.

$625 is on the high end of what I would pay but still acceptable if the Carbine is in really good shape. With the extras you mention I would have a tough time saying no.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have one in .45acp it came with two mags (I traded a P239 even for it) & I bought two more for $90 shipped
I ordered PX4 mags first but they don't work.
Had to return them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought a .45ACP version for $100 last year (it was $550 and included an EOTech, which I sold back to EoTech for $450)

The 16 rd mag magazine in that package is worth $125-150 BY ITSELF. So subtract that from the price, and it is a very fair price for that rifle.

http://sierrapapacx4.com/index...magazine-extensions/

It sucks that they only take 8 round mags. I sold mine and bought a 9MM version because I just couldn't stomach the 8rd mags.

They discontinued the 45ACP version and no longer make it.

There were rumors the past two or so years that the 9MM CX4 Storm carbine was discontinued and they routinely sold for $800 to $900 for a new example during the past year. Just recently, it appears, that Beretta is now selling them again, so the rumor that they were discontinued appears false. You can get a new 9MM for around $675-700 right now.

https://www.classicfirearms.co...torm-9mm-carbine-new

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...roducts2.cfm/ID/4747

See if they will bite at $550 on the gun. This assumes that the accessories are all Chinese garbage that is worthless and adds no value. If its includes a nice Streamlight or Surefire and other name brand accessories, the listed price would be pretty fair.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The 9millie ones are definitely out there. Bought one from a local dealer, with two 15 round and a factory 30 rounder for a net of $640.00. There was one on GB last week for a start of $619.00, with the two standard 15 rounders.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
They are a fun gun. Throw a little bling on it and away you go.

I have the 40 version, since I'm awash on 40 s&w ammo. I did do the Sierra-Papa trigger upgrade.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My 9mm version runs like a champ. They are a great little carbine.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Report This Post