SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PTAC Uppers From PSA

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
PTAC Uppers From PSA Login/Join 
posted
I check Palmetto State from time to time and noticed this PTAC 16" Upper with BCG & CH for $289. I went ahead and ordered one, it only had 5 reviews nothing bad just "basic" is the general consensus on quality. I have a PSA lower with PSA LPK less than $125 in that so minus the rear sight I would still be under $450.

Anyone ever order one of these or any of the PTAC uppers? Worst I have found so far is spacing between upper and lower.

Posts: 1831 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Report This Post
Bearded Sailor
Picture of DocSteve
posted Hide Post
Looked into them a little. Basic build as you know. Not a lined barrel but I wouldnt expect in for the price. Not going to be a precision weapon but more along the lines of a truck gun. I havent heard anything about them being faulty, just not the best quality overall. When you get yours, check the stakeing on your bolt, saw a lot of poor work on them. If someone was getting into AR's and didnt want to sink a bunch of money into it, give them a try I would say.

Posts: 5408 | Location: NC | Registered: April 10, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Truck gun is what I was thinking, maybe something I could use to help a couple of my students get familiar with the an AR. I have a couple of completed PSA builds they are nice rifles but for the price of that upper I figured I would give them a try.

Posts: 1831 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Report This Post