SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Drop in replacement hand guards - which one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drop in replacement hand guards - which one? Login/Join 
posted
So putting together a pistol build, and am wondering what hand guards everybody is using now. I've got a LaRue tactical 7" on my LMT carbine and that thing is rock solid for sure. I'm preferring a drop in so I don't have to go the gunsmith route, and am keeping the front sight anyway. M-lok? Keymod? Which vendors? Or just stick with the LaRue again? Basically just looking to put an AFG on it and possibly a light. Thanks.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly for this use (which I don't do too often) I have been using the Midwest Industry Mloc one. Its perfectly serviceable and relatively inexpensive.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midwest industries makes a light weight drop in 2 piece. If you want to free float a DD Omega rail would work without any gunsmithing.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I would go with inexpensive magpul polymer handguards if I were just adding a AFG and light.

Especially if I was going to keep the front sight base.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add the QD sling swivel as well, so a plus for both the MI and the DD. Thanks for the input, and will see if I can check out the magpul here locally IndianaBoy as I haven't seen those in person yet.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post