SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help Needed - Need recommendations on a “longer” 6 position stop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Needed - Need recommendations on a “longer” 6 position stop Login/Join 
posted
I am now shooting a AR in 9mm and because I want to be able to extend my left arm almost fully extended on the front grip and with my MagPul CTR stock fully extended I am still about 1”-2” short of being able to get the grip I want.

Can anyone recommend a six position stock that will slide onto my current mil spec tube that will give the a little more stock length?

Thanks in advance for your help and recommendations.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I believe the Magpul ACS stock offers a longer LOP, one of the longest for a collapsible stock.

It's about an inch longer than the CTR. Add the enhanced butt pad for a bit more if needed. (you might try the 3/4" butt pad on the CTR first?).

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hickok45 uses one of those slip-on recoil pads on his ARs (because he is like 6' 7" or so) to add a longer length of pull...I've seen them pretty cheap on Amazon.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for your recommendations.

I am going to start with Rustpot’s recommendation and try the .7” magpul pad before I do anything else.....Going to order one right now....

Thanks again to both of you for your help...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post