SIGforum
Toolman Brand Magazines

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4870008644

September 08, 2018, 02:32 PM
bronicabill
Toolman Brand Magazines
Has anyone here tried the relatively new Toolman brand rifle magazines?

I went by one of my favorite LGSs yesterday to pick up two MagPul 30-round AR-15 mags and they were sold out, but they had a pretty big box of the Toolman brand 32-round mags for $9.99 each. I had never heard of them until a month or so ago when I was at their other location and saw a display rack of them! I asked the fella behind the counter about them and he said they were made here in Alabama, and quite a large number had been sold, not just for the AR platforms but also AK and the lowly Ruger 10/22, and so far none had been returned for being defective!

While I certainly was tempted to try one, I prefer a product with some "history" behind it so I know, or at least expect it will still be operational 10, 15, 20 years from now! Consequently I had them look in the back and locate two used but great condition GI mags for the same price. At least I know those things have been around for 40+ years and still going strong! Cool

So.... any Toolman magazine owners who care to provide real-world feedback? Thanks!

September 09, 2018, 12:05 AM
bubbatime
They look like straight up copies of the Magpul PMAG and I imagine that the Magpul lawyers will have it sidelined and removed from the market within weeks. They do a good job with the law suit stuff.

https://www.pmtactical.com/sin...ince-the-Magpul-PMAG

And magazines are SO important to me, I don't buy new to market, untested products. I buy magazines with a WELL established history of quality and durability. Like OK and Magpul and Mecgar.

September 09, 2018, 12:50 AM
bronicabill
Yep, as stated in my OP, I chose to stick with something with a proven track record, and went with a pair of Okay brand USGI mags instead of the Toolman. I’ll just let others be the guinea pigs on new products, not me... especially when it comes to something like magazines!