SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Truck Gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck Gun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I keep a Zastava m90np with Magpul zhukov furniture in a discreet duffle bag. The stock is a side folder. The upside is that it was an inexpensive rifle that runs well, is in 5.56, and uses stanag mags. I had considered an m85np pistol, but the fireball and noise from the 10.5" barrel is enough to make me shelve that idea. Using the m85 without earpro would be a bad call.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
I suppose another option would be an M1 carbine. Not evil looking, plenty of power up close, semi-auto, light and compact. Just my $.02.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Kel tec PLR-16 is small, light, takes AR mags. Inexpensive etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I carry a Rossi 357 magnum levergun for the simple reason that it does not appear to be evil.

If I'm on the side of the road shooting a deer that has been hit by a car, no one around NC will dial 911 because some guy has a gun.

Yet I can still shoot anything else with it, the 357 is accurate and I limit my use of it to w/i 100 yards. I can also carry a 50 rnd box of cartridges and it takes up little space in the glovebox of my truck.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
300BLK AR pistol. Aimpoint. Supersonic hog killer ammo.

Hell with appearances. It's legal to have loaded in a vehicle here, unlike a rifle.

Mine does not have a brace BTW. Some people can comfortably shoulder AR pistols without them.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post