SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Nice Marlin 1894 .357 find
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Marlin 1894 .357 find Login/Join 
posted
I saw this little gem on a local forum for $650 OBO. I offered $600 and picked it up this morning. The gun was made in 1980, is a pre safety with gold trigger and belonged to the gentleman’s grandfather. He is not a lever action guy and had no idea on the value of the gun. After i asked if it was JM marked he did a little research and discovered the value. He still sold it to me at the agreed upon price because he is a man of his word. He also gave me about 160 rds of .357 ammo.

She is not a safe queen as grandad used the gun. I consider them character marks and if they could only talk. The blueing is a little thin on the front of the barrel and it has a few scratches, but the wood is nice. For $600, I think I got a great deal.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That is a great deal! I paid $650 about 10 years ago for mine in similar condition. Mines from 1982, and it's probably my favorite rifle. Everyone who shoots it wants to buy it or one like it. You're going to love that gun.

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you get tired of it I will be glad to take it off your hands. I would even go the $650. Ha Ha

Posts: 10 | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
You got an outstanding deal! Congratulations!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Love the JM Marlins. They were made 10 minutes from me.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. I really love mine.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you win for 2019 ! great for you

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun. Great deal.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post