SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Other magazines for Tikka 3X CTR 6.5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Other magazines for Tikka 3X CTR 6.5 Login/Join 
Picture of keltoi
posted
Are there any other magazines for the Tikka 3X CTR 6.5 rather than the propriety Tikka magazines? Thank you

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
SAKO TRG 22 mags will fit in the Tikka CTR. You may wish to consider swapping stocks to one that uses an AICS mag? Btw, Have you tried the Hornady 140ELD round through that gun?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the suggestions. Have not fired the weapon yet.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
SAKO TRG 22 mags will fit in the Tikka CTR. You may wish to consider swapping stocks to one that uses an AICS mag? Btw, Have you tried the Hornady 140ELD round through that gun?

I have shot the 140 gr ELD Match ammo through mine. Very consistent for factory ammo. Currently working on some 140 Berger data to see if I can do any better with my handloads.

As for the mag issue: are you having problems with the factory mag or just looking at alternatives?

Some guys are changing out their bottom metal and using aics mags, mainly because they have so many already from other guns.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
No issues with magazine. Great idea to change out bottom metal.

posted Hide Post
TRG mags are even worse in terms of price and availability. I don't know of any solution to this that uses the original style mag.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:
No issues with magazine. Great idea to change out bottom metal.

Let me know if you end up changing out the bottom metal. I dig the CTR mag and might be able to swing a few dollars your way if you'd be interested.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I thought about changing the bottom metal on mine but will likely leave as is. This gun is a bargain IMO and to dump more and more into it takes a way from that. The mags are not cheap but for my needs I only need a few.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just pissed of that the CTR mags won't work in a TRG-22! The TRG mags will work in a CTR but not vice versa of course since the CTR mags sell for 1/2 what the TRG mags sell for.

My second take is that if you buy at T3x Tac A1 just enjoy the 1/2 price mags vs a TRG-22.

If you restock a T3x CTR it may or may not be worth switching to an AI pattern mag system depending on how many mags you prefer to have. I you only want 2 or 3 mags it might not be worth spending several hundred dollars switching to AI mags if you aren't planning to run more than 2 or 3 mags. Just evaluate how many mags you want to run vs how much you might save running CTS mags vs AI pattern mags. Both work, run the ones that make the most financial sense to you based on the number of mags you need to run and the actual cost of each mag.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post