SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Steyr Aug A3 USA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr Aug A3 USA Login/Join 
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted
New to me Aug. Picked up at Bear Arms in Scottsdale. Got some Magpul Mags on order. Can't wait to get to the range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SFCUSARET,

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I have the cousin of that one. Mine's a USR/AUG conversion from just before yours iteration. There is something sexy about the lines of that vintage that makes me keep begging for more. Does it take Steyr or NATO mags? Mine takes the Steyr 42 rnd mags. Mine also has the original 1.5x optic. Cool

Also, there may be two sheep herders in Kuwait that can't see that pic from miles away. It's huge and can be seen from space. You might want to look into that.

Oh, I see now, they are the Steyr mags.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
HOLYLARGEPICTUREBATMAN!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the huge pic. Trying to use Imgur on Android, not working out. This is not NATO, uses Steyr mags. Magpul makes mags for it.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Hell I'm 64 yrs old. Can barely tie my own shoes let alone figure out this digital shit. Been trying to post another view but not working out.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
SFCUSARET,

I've resized it for you, but you've no email in your profile to send it to you. I'm not going to post it myself, so how would you like it to be sent to you?

H&K-Guy

Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Thanks H&K Guy. Got my email in my profile now. Send it there, Thank you.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
It's sitting in your mailbox! Smile

H&K-Guy

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I just love old school Steyrs. There is something sexy about the lines of these designs.

H&K-Guy

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I have the NATO version so I can use my AR mags.

Photo Aug 04, 5 01 05 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted an AUG......

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Interesting how due to the fit of a bullpup that you have that cantilever mount turned backwards to give proper eye relief.

Makes perfect sense though.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post
I just love old school Steyrs. There is something sexy about the lines of these designs.

Talk about a first generation tester on the Ms!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I love mine. I have the NATO version so I can use my AR mags.

Photo Aug 04, 5 01 05 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Dave, that's a sweet looking rifle you have there!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Dave, that's a sweet looking rifle you have there!

Thanks. Shoots great too!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Rolan...that should be allowed in Steampunk Wink

Very nice Smile

Those things look so smooth...they flow.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've had several over the last couple decades along with a good assortment of furniture and accessories, I was finally satisfied when I got an A2 ...
... I haven't bought an A3 as it doesn't offer anything over my A2 other than its US made.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Interesting how due to the fit of a bullpup that you have that cantilever mount turned backwards to give proper eye relief.

Makes perfect sense though.

That was the way it was set up when I bought it. Seems to work that way though.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I should really get NATO stocks.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I strongly suggest you check out 44mag.com

https://www.44mag.com/category/steyr

They have the original Steyr mags for $24. They also have the Magpuls for even less.

I have a Nato stocked and an original stocked AUG. For whatever reason I tend to prefer the original. I think it might be that the magazines don't look like my other rifles mags and so I don't get them mixed up with loads from another rifle. Also the factory 42 round mags function Perfectly and are an advantage to be able to use. They are only $29 from 44mag.com. Probably the best idea is to buy a couple of each and decide which YOU prefer. I usually run the Steyr 30's YMMV. :-)

.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post