SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help Identifying Trigger Ass'y
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Identifying Trigger Ass'y Login/Join 
posted
My father in law passed away, mid-2020 (NOT FROM COVID) and he was a bit of a gun guy. In going thru his random boxes of goodies, this was found wrapped in a oiled cloth. No rifles in his collection were missing parts, except for a Winchester Pump rimfire, so identifying this assembly is out of my lane. Any ideas, based on the shape and such? I know it is a needle in a haystack, so there is very little chance that I will be disappointed. If nobody knows, then I am fine with that.
Thanks for any light you can shed on this challenge.
Following the identification of these items, I have deleted the pictures and will deal with the parts accordingly. Thank you members for your skill in identifying this mechanism.
LaMont in AZ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MannKrafted,

Posts: 41 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
M1 Carbine.

Search for “M1 carbine safety” and you’ll get any number of photos of similar mechanisms and markings.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Mmmm... the other parts not shown got my attention. Looks like M2 parts in the background of photo #2 and #4. (selector, disconnector and spring)

For the heck of it, if he owed any carbines, you might want to take a closer look at them.

(I know someone who went to prison for something to do with an M2 receiver)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...wn-shop-200-now-what

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed a large amount of 30 caliber reloading supplies, but no M1 rifle in his collection. Knowing him like I did, the M1 was definitely something he would have been all about. I spoke with his son, last night about all of the 30 caliber stuff and he had no idea. The son moved to Colorado, then to North Carolina and has not been around as much as he would have liked, so his lack of knowledge regarding the firearms was not a shock. Heck, father in law had 25 black powder pistols and I had no idea that he had ANY.
On the subject of the taped together parts being M2 parts, you definitely have my attention. I worked in a machine shop a few years ago and we had a customer come in to get a quote on a part. The shop owner knew it was firearms related and called upon a different customer to look at the requested part. It turns out that the part was a key piece in creating a full-auto and the gentleman requesting the part be made, quietly disappeared. I think that deleting these pix may be the smart thing to do.
Thanks for your input.
LaMont in AZ

Posts: 41 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Usually the parts is just parts an not an issue.

From what I gather this is one of the few cases the BATmen can take a different view though (maybe if you have all of them?).

(plenty for sale on G-broker)

I suggest you research it father.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post