SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 550 Manurhin/FAMAE Scope Mount.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 550 Manurhin/FAMAE Scope Mount. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
This subject has been touched on previously. I finally received one of these mounts from a friend in Chile. We believe this particular mount was made by Manurhin. It's finish is anodized in a funky bronze/pink color. We think the ones in service in Chile are made by FAMAE. They are identical to this mount except they are colored in a SIG 550 Grey finish, RAL 7022.

This mount is constructed of machined steel and is very sturdy. It locks perfectly onto my 551. It is easy to install and remove by simply pressing the round button on the left side. When installed, it is rock solid and cannot be moved in the slightest.

Here are some pictures of the bare mount components:

Here it is with a Hensoldt FERO Z24 scope mounted:

Here it is mounted on my 551:

Finally it is stowed away with my 551 in its Meili Safety Case:

(Notice the mounted FERO scope fits perfectly in the Safety Case. Is that a coincidence or what?)

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I had read your previous mention of this mount, but thanks for taking the time to make a separate post with info and detailed pics!

Are you still able to establish good eye sight aligment with the scope/ mount combo, without using the SAN SIG 55X stock cheek piece?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I had read your previous mention of this mount, but thanks for taking the time to make a separate post with info and detailed pics!
Are you still able to establish good eye sight aligment with the scope/ mount combo, without using the SAN SIG 55X stock cheek piece?

One really needs a cheek riser.

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Dan, I realize Christmas is a way off now, but if you were thinking of me when you got that mount, I'd be willing to wait, even with that little "pink" tinge Wink

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

I was curious about that mount from the earlier post.

Very nice 551, what does the "SP" after 551 mean?

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Dan, I realize Christmas is a way off now, but if you were thinking of me when you got that mount, I'd be willing to wait, even with that little "pink" tinge Wink

I'm trying to see if I can get any more. They aren't inexpensive. I'll let you know if I can get more.

quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Thanks for posting.

I don't know the German wording. I believe it stands for "semi automatic", but I could be wrong.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Thanks for posting.

SP is only marked on semiauto 55x.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Now I'm trying to locate a green SIG 550 cheekpiece to make the setup complete. I've been able to find them in Europe, but have had no luck in the US.

When assembling the mount I found the parts fit tight as hell. When I bitched about this to my Chilean friend, he told me to put a drop of oil at each component contact point when assembling everything together. That's what I did.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing. Looks like a modified / simplified / improved Jenny mount. Here's a pic of mine, to compare:

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a neophyte on what's important, why is this mount of interest? just curious. I have a couple but don't follow the minutia of Sig 55x stuff.
Of course as I understand processing if its steel its not anodized, but that's not really relevant, as the old 'plum' parts are my favorites in many things...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
This subject has been touched on previously. I finally received one of these mounts from a friend in Chile. We believe this particular mount was made by Manurhin. It's finish is anodized in a funky bronze/pink color. We think the ones in service in Chile are made by FAMAE. They are identical to this mount except they are colored in a SIG 550 Grey finish, RAL 7022.

This mount is constructed of machined steel and is very sturdy. It locks perfectly onto my 551. It is easy to install and remove by simply pressing the round button on the left side. When installed, it is rock solid and cannot be moved in the slightest.

Here are some pictures of the bare mount components:

This is a SIGManurhin STANAG mount. SIGManurhin bases have simply been phosphated as shown in the picture. I don´t know of any other type mounting base made for the 540 but this one...pero no he sido en Chile. Wink

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
This is a SIGManurhin STANAG mount. SIGManurhin bases have simply been phosphated as shown in the picture. I don´t know of any other type mounting base made for the 540 but this one...pero no he sido en Chile. Wink

Thank you for the information Daniel.

If you get the opportunity to visit Chile, you would really enjoy it.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm trying to see if I can get any more. They aren't inexpensive. I'll let you know if I can get more.

I'd like one for my 551 as well, my email is in my profile. I know they're spendy, but if you could get a price I'd be interested ... and see if I can swing it ... they aren't going to get any cheaper ... unless someone finds a truckload of them hiding somewhere, which isn't too likely!

I found some cheekrests Gunbroker several years ago and bought 2 for $100 each IIRC but they were black ... the seller said they are genuine but I always wondered if they were possiable airsoft. They fit perfectly and tight, they are marked with SIG in a circle.

Here's an old pic with one installed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Would love to see some pistol Famae 9mm 550 style pistols legally enter the market.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now I'm trying to locate a green SIG 550 cheekpiece to make the setup complete. I've been able to find them in Europe, but have had no luck in the US.

I sent you an email about this, might check the spam folder

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks again MG34-Dan, the mount fits like a dream and locks up tight

The scope I put on is a NATO G3 surplus, I was thinking it's a ZF4, but not sure ... it looks like the one you posted above ... but my eyes really need more than a 4x.

Anyway, I've always thought a photo is worth 1,000 words ... so here's a couple pictures:

Just realized, I should have zoomed in on the scope & mount ... but now its supper time!

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks again MG34-Dan, the mount fits like a dream and locks up tight

The scope I put on is a NATO G3 surplus, I was thinking it's a ZF4, but not sure ... it looks like the one you posted above ... but my eyes really need more than a 4x.

Anyway, I've always thought a photo is worth 1,000 words ... so here's a couple pictures:

Just realized, I should have zoomed in on the scope & mount ... but now its supper time!

Thank you for the very kind words. Your 551 setup looks very nice.

I'm still kissing my buddy's a$$ trying to get him to send me a couple more mounts. We'll see how that goes.

posted Hide Post
For anyone looking for a 542 mount, I came across two setting in a local vendors display case. There was only the mount, no screws or elevation/mount blocks. They were priced at 450 euro. I can inquire about the screws and blocks and a price break if I buy both. If there are two interested parties I'll make a trip back to the shop and try and get the hook up for you.

G57

Posts: 78 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post