SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need a Match Grade 10\22 Barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Match Grade 10\22 Barrel Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
I have a 10\22 target that's grouping 2" at 100 yards. I've tried multiple brands of match grade ammo, as well as multiple brands of bulk grade ammo. The barrel is fully floated and the receiver is shimmed so it doesn't move. The factory barrel has a reputation for loose chambers, and some shooters have gone so far as to determine actual chamber dimensions and then limit themselves to ammo that fits those specs.

I'd rather just get a match grade barrel and be done with it. There are more out there than I can shake a stick at, so what's everyone uning, and what groups are you getting? Thanks.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is about as good as you are going to get.

http://riflebarrels.com/shop/d...n-barrels/1022-lr-2/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Lilja, Kidd or Volquartsen all do a fine job. I'm a fan of Kidd after owning a VQ and a Green Mountain too.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kidd, I have 4 of his barrels as well as a Whistlepig barrel on another. Smile

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I have a SS bull barrel with a Bentz(sp ?) match chamber. It is stupid accurate but will not chamber many of the lead offerings. Plated only, with less of the wad cutter shoulder or it is a jam. Next time I will ask something more commercial. Kidd is the one I would buy as well.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kidd or WPBC.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've had very good luck with a Kidd barrel. Let me say though, I can squeeze 1/2" groups at 50 yards routinely with match grade ammo. At 100 yards getting 1" is a chore and takes a very stable environment such as an indoor range or dead still wind outside along with pretty good gear. I think you can improve on the 2" groups if all things are working with you, but don't expect sub MOA at 100 yards with .22 no matter what barrel you have. Just too many things to affect that slow moving projectile.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post