SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do people with automatic 's practice? like people with semi auto's ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do people with automatic 's practice? like people with semi auto's ? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Two of my Naval Aviation buddies were doing some exchange work with a special Navy group of dudes who have lots of guns ( Wink ), after they had done some flying for said group of dudes.

They were getting some fam time at the range and had access two some M4 with RDS and such. They had gotten bored and bet each other who could do a full magazine 30rd dump from 7 yards. Whoever kept more on the target won.

Of course they both shoot and keep a handful of the 30 rounds on the target, somewhere between 5-7 rounds out of 30 per. The rest were all off the paper, and some even off the backer into the backstop without hitting the target at all.

Then the crusty Navy Chief who was shooting with them said "Ok chumps, my turn". Old boy loaded up 30 and went to town in one full auto burst - kept all 30 on the center of the target without breaking a sweat.

So yeah, if you want to be good at anything, practice is needed. Even more so if you want to be great.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whats a mag dump?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Emptying an entire magazine in one go. It's fun, but rarely useful beyond - I suppose - the occasional need for Supressing Fire.

They don't call it a Giggle Switch for nothin'. It's super fun.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup pull the trigger and don’t let go until it’s empty = mag dump.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only shot 2 Full Auto's, a Mac10 .45 and a Thompson .45. The MAC is pretty uncontrollable in anything more than short bursts with .45. In 9mm with a reduced firing rate kit, they're a lot more controllable. The Thompson, I found it relatively easy to keep all of the bullets in a 12" area at 10 yards with 10 round bursts...………...more and the muzzle just kept rising. Granted I only shot less than 100 rounds with either gun.

The Thompson owner would go to the range I frequented and he would load 20 -32 round stick mags and just shoot them one after another after another, then load all 20 again. He was pretty good and could do a mag dump and keep it all in a 10" area. I asked him if I could shoot it, he smiled and said sure, go buy the ammo......it was an awesome experience and tons of fun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched a guy in Apache Jct. Az, for a while

He had a water cooled ,tripod mounted , o.d. green thing.

it took him about 90 minutes to blow a 30 inch diameter hole , through the 100 yard berm.

I quit counting how many boxes of belt ammo he used up.

I can't remember weather it was .30 cal or .50 cal.

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
The range I belong to doesn't allow automatic weapons firing. That is because the homes close to the range don't condone it.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I watched a guy in Apache Jct. Az, for a while

He had a water cooled ,tripod mounted , o.d. green thing.

it took him about 90 minutes to blow a 30 inch diameter hole , through the 100 yard berm.

I quit counting how many boxes of belt ammo he used up.

I can't remember weather it was .30 cal or .50 cal.

was it the size of the one MG34 Dan pictured?

or 2x's that size?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i.i.r.c.
the legs on the tripod sprawled out more , another ten inch's or so and it had a thumb trigger that pressed down ,

this was 12 years ago ,

but those boxes look like the right size though,
they were not the giant .50 cal boxes..

maybe that does not mean any thing