SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How are your RFBs doing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are your RFBs doing? Login/Join 
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted
RFB users (Arc and Cliff, I know of), would you please post periodic updates on how your rifle is doing -- the reviews I see are definitely a mixed bag, especially regarding the forward ejection tube causing jams. Also, seeing reports of dinged brass. Are you seeing anything that would curtail reloading for this rifle?

Of course, also looking for the good and positive.

Thanks.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Oops. Accidentally posted in the RDB thread.

I haven't had any issues, with a variety of ammo. It's a typewriter.

I think the early guns had the issues you describe. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Arc -- I have one big rifle purchase somewhere on the horizon, and this is on the short-list of someday.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a RFB I purchased two years ago but only fired about 100 rounds with zero issues. The RFB is fairly accurate but kicks like a mule. I don't absorb recoil as well as I use to so I don't shoot the RFB and it spends much of it's time locked in my safe. As someone mentioned in another post there were issues with early RFB's that keltec has since corrected.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
Mine has been doing fine with a variety of ammo. Personally I don't feel it recoils much, but it is loud with the brake I have on it. (In comparison I also have a Savage bolt action .308 and a PTR - both recoil more).

I don't take it out very often, but haven't been to the range very often lately either. Haven't had a jam with it, and I really haven't messed with the gas settings.

https://i152.photobucket.com/a...RFB1_zps14a19989.jpg

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post