SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Finished my AR pistol in .40
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished my AR pistol in .40 Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
KAK brace and buffer tube
KAK Slimline Flash Can
Aero Precision lower and Forward assist delete upper(the Stern Defense BCG doesn't have the grooves for FA)
Raptor-LT Charging Handle
Aero Precision 9" Atlas S-One M-Lok Handguard
Stern Defense 8.5" Barrel, .40 BCG, Magwell Adapter for Glock Mags
Aimpoint PRO(Is a little much for this build, but saw the deal posted in the Lounge so it's what I have right now. Want to put something like a Vortex Venom on there eventually)

Took it to the range and put 40 rounds through it yesterday and it functioned flawlessly. Bolt hold open worked just fine.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice build!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pistol.
I put together a 9mm Stern Defense upper and magazine block in an Anderson lower and it has been great.
Shot it a bunch so far lots of fun.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nice- that .40 should have some pretty good thump from that 8.5” barrel.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

How heavy of a buffer are you using in it?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm using the spring that came with the KAK brace and tube kit. It's a carbine spring and buffer.

Think I should go heavier?

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Since it's running for you so far, why bother?

Your build is standard blow back, right? ( Not anything like a DI, etc. )

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Yes, direct blowback and that BCG has some heft to it.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
If it ain't broke ... and not damaging anything ...
... why fix it?

Unless you're going to need something like JP's captured and adjustable recoil spring and buffer so you can shoot lighter or heavier loads and maintain reliability.

Also just depends on how much money you want to spend on it ... but so far it doesn't look like you've spared much expense!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post