SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Good optical quality shooting glasses?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good optical quality shooting glasses? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
The cheap industrial protective glasses I use for most shooting are fine for irons and red dot sights, but when using a magnified scopesight I notice some distortion in the reticle image. I have a pair of Edge glasses that are better, but I’m wondering if the shooters here have any other favorites. I’m not looking for something that will let me shrug off a load of 7½ to the face, just protection from a ruptured case at worst.

Thoughts or suggestions?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suggest visiting TacticalRx.com in Denver. Bring your rifle, leave it in your vehicle. Let them know you have it, they'll let you bring it in the shop, try various frames prone if you wish. Leave the bolt in your vehicle.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
jaggi-nova;knobloch; varga; champion. all of them are spezialized in shooting glasses for specialits. not cool looking,but worth every penny. thers also ring monunts for scopes that can take prescription glasses. just google around in the international match shooters comunities.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
OTD, thanks for those recommendations, but most are not the type of protective glasses I’m seeking. I did not realize, though, that such glasses were available in the U.S.

offgrid, it appears that Tactical Rx has some great offerings. With just a quick look at their web site I saw a couple of styles that attracted my attention.

The Aegis Arc model looks good, but although it’s hard to tell from the photo, the temples seem pretty thick for use with muffs. I prefer flatter styles.

Thank again to all.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting to try these, they have a bifocal at the top.

https://sspeyewear.com/collect...interchangeable-kits

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I use Ray Ban Shooting Glasses.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
I use Ray Ban Shooting Glasses.

Where do you buy Ray-Ban glasses? It seems there are many counterfeits, and reportedly even from Amazon.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Where do you buy Ray-Ban glasses? It seems there are many counterfeits, and reportedly even from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I got my last pair at a Ray-Ban store. You can purchase directly from the online store at www.ray-ban.com

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got my last pair at a Ray-Ban store. [/url]

Well, that’s what I was thinking, but didn’t want to rule out any other options. Thanks.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
I got my last pair at a Ray-Ban store. [/url]

Well, that’s what I was thinking, but didn’t want to rule out any other options. Thanks.

sunglass hut carries RB, as well, if you prefer to try them on.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Smith Aegis Echo has slim metal temples. I have a pair I can send you if you want to try them. My email is in my profile.

Jim

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Oakley with the tr22 lenses.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nosigforyou:
The Smith Aegis Echo has slim metal temples. I have a pair I can send you if you want to try them.

Jim

Thanks, Jim, for the offer, but I believe I have found a type or two to try. I will nevertheless consider that version if they don't work for me.

6.4/93.6

— Plato