SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    You know what recoils more then a suppressed 10/22.........an HK91/PTR91 with HK collapseable stock, that’s what.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know what recoils more then a suppressed 10/22.........an HK91/PTR91 with HK collapseable stock, that’s what. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I spent the last week or so teaching my daughter to shoot using suppressed .22s (Ruger 77/22, 10/22, Mark III and Mark I)

So today I went to the range for me and I’ll be honest I don’t get my .30 calibers out much.

Anyhoo I packed up the PTR91 HK91 Clone today as I haven’t had it out in some time. Wow that HK collapseable stock is a meat grinder. It shot really well and I loved it but I cannot imagine lugging an old school .30 caliber rifle and it’s mags and ammo into combat. I love the thing but damn she’s a beast, especially coming off of suppressed .22s. Smile

Good shooting rifle though. I will however take an AR or AK if the world ends, and only to keep my supply of whiskey topped off in the wasteland. I will sport a Mohawk but draw the line at Assless chaps.

I did make some fantastic schnitzel cutlets later pounding out the chicken with that stock. Smile

40 rounds of steel cased at 50 yards iron sights.
I know this isn’t impressive to most but my eyes suck and I haven’t had the old girl out for years. Well that and she tried to turn my glasses into contact lenses a couple times I was thinking suppressed 10/22. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Now you know why the A3 stocks on G3/HK91s are called "meat tenderizers."

G3/HK91s are generally deadly from two directions: the muzzle and the ejection port, but add an A3 stock and the only safe place to be around one is on the left side of the receiver.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
For a real introduction to the infamous HK Blue Shoulder, you need to do a 20 round magazine dump on an HK G3A3 on full auto. After the initial numbness wears off, the delicious throbbing pain will make its appearance.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Lol yeah, there’s basically no comfortable way to shoot one with one of those stocks on there. I went to the range with a friend one time and took mine. I had him shoot a mag through it with the A3 stock first, warned him about the meat tenderizer before I swapped them out. He fired exactly one round with the collapsing stock, safed it, and set it in the bench. He had enough right there. I guess not only the stock rail got him but the rear of the receiver popped him right in the cheek also. “Yeah, that can happen.”

They look pretty cool, they do shorten the overal length to something you might be able to get into and out of a vehicle easily enough, but they are not fun to shoot, lol.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They are big pimping in he video games, but real life - not so much.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
For a real introduction to the infamous HK Blue Shoulder, you need to do a 20 round magazine dump on an HK G3A3 on full auto. After the initial numbness wears off, the delicious throbbing pain will make its appearance.

I’ve done that with the shorty HK51. It’s like cracking open the gates of Hell for a few seconds. And some serious muzzle climb if you aren’t ready.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:

I have gotten to do that with a buddy's brother-in-laws friends HK G3A3 a couple of times.

You lay into it, pull the trigger and the world goes all "gray and fuzzy"! At first it's like "Damn!" Then it's like "Daaammnn!!". LoL....

I would love to have a real HK G3, but I have fun with my Centry Arms CETME C308. It's been reliable, accurate and with the regular stock, I don't think recoil is to bad.

I know that you are in danger in front of the muzzle and at the ejection port. That thing slings empty brass into the next State!

But for serious work, I would pick an AR 15.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Now you know why the A3 stocks on G3/HK91s are called "meat tenderizers."

G3/HK91s are generally deadly from two directions: the muzzle and the ejection port, but add an A3 stock and the only safe place to be around one is on the left side of the receiver.

No truer words ever been said about them G3A3's. They are cool looking through! Cool Big Grin

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I like my Greek variant (SAR-8); the G3/91 is my favorite full house battle rifle, and currently the only 7.62X51 semi I own. I have the A3 as well as the standard full length stocks. The only time I have ever disliked shooting with the A3 was in a t-shirt.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I will however take an AR or AK if the world ends, and only to keep my supply of whiskey topped off in the wasteland. I will sport a Mohawk but draw the line at Assless chaps.

Assless pants. There is no such thing as "Assless Chaps." If you're wearing nothing but chaps, you're still just wearing chaps. Even the Wasteland has rules.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
try this buffer conversion, it works as advertised better than the standard to be sure. worth the $45 without a doubt.
http://triggerwork.net/hk-91-a...d-recoil-buffer.html

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have gone full rock and roll with an HK51 as well but not with an A3 stock. Unleashing hell is an apt description. Situational awareness is “ever so slightly Eek Wink” dulled at full chatter. Fun though.

I stand corrected on the assless chaps. I will try to follow the rules and etiquette of the post apocalyptic wasteland and I wouldn’t want to make faux pas such as above. I thank you sir. Chaps with leather pants it is. Smile

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Where does the Choate aftermarket sidefolder for G3 style rifles fall as far as recoil "amplification" goes? I have a lead on one locally but would like an idea of what I might be getting into. Thanks.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I've owned an HK91 with all the trimmings for as long as you could get them for cheap back in the 90s. I've never outwardly exuded unquenchable joy at the thought of dragging that beast to the range, but hey, they were all we had back then for the 'Ferrari' of battle rifles. But she is a heavy girl, if'n you're into heavy girls, 'n' stuff.

She kicks like the Rancor on Tatooni, but with a bad attitude, and like she has to take a piss but can't get her britches down.

She's kinda' the girl you tell your friends you have 'hit that', but secretly feel that you don't ever want to do it again.

Then once, I left the barn door open and a SCAR17s walked in during the night. Now the HK91 never gets rode.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The SCAR17 is a WHOLE nother game. Awesome rifle but you are looking at over 50 years of engineering and materials difference. Think about that. A half a century later.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
The SCAR17 is a WHOLE nother game. Awesome rifle but you are looking at over 50 years of engineering and materials difference. Think about that. A half a century later.

That's the only reason the old girl still has a dedicated stall in the stable. Really, everyone should have at least one HK91.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Nope, not doing it. My bro had one of those stocks on his SAR-8. Did not enjoy. Not quite as bad as Dad’s Marlin 45-70 with 300 g +p, but similar.

I prefer my M1A Supermatch for semi .308. 15 pounds soaks up the recoil.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
But seriously, if you want to see how well Swiss engineering handles 7.62 NATO/308 Winchester recoil, you need to try a SIG AMT. Its lack of recoil is amazing. Plus, it is very accurate.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
Yep Dan that's for sure it's like a pussycat.The bolt/carrier and the recoil spring make the HK look like a toy!! I just bought mine back from my buddy after 7 years in his stable, glad she's back......

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post