SIGforum
Magpul UBR 2.0

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4690048914

February 22, 2017, 11:44 AM
AllenInAR
Magpul UBR 2.0
I've had one of these on order for a couple of weeks now.....any word on when they hit the street or is it more Magpul vaporware? LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
February 22, 2017, 11:56 AM
parabellum
Don't get me started. Magpul has been promising us this stock since before SHOT 2016. If you're going to take eighteen freaking months to get something like this to market, try just keeping it to yourself for the first year or so, mmkay? I know Magpul thinks it looks great to announce new products, but not when the Goddamned things exist only on paper. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
February 22, 2017, 03:38 PM
AllenInAR
I saw some posts on other forums going back aways. Didn't know it was from before SHOT '16 though!!! I'm tempted to cancel the order and get the first iteration!

February 22, 2017, 03:50 PM
parabellum
The UBR gen2 should be a better stock than the original. It's supposed to be several ounces lighter, and the receiver extension is A5 length. The latter is the reason I want one to replace my original UBR. Vltor's A5 buffer system has so much going for it over carbine buffers.

February 22, 2017, 04:31 PM
dewhorse
Thanks Para I was not aware of the A5 system, looks interesting.
February 22, 2017, 04:37 PM
PPGMD
I talked to Magpul tech support the other day, and they aren't in production yet.

Though it is annoying, Magpul was pretty good about their deliveries from SHOT 2016. I think only the UBR 2.0 and the Glock Pmag 27 are still outstanding out of all the announcements at that show.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.
February 22, 2017, 07:22 PM
Jus228
That is pretty crazy. I love my UBR I wouldn't keep waiting. Original is still an excellent stock.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
February 23, 2017, 08:24 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I wouldn't keep waiting.
Why not? I still have a functional rifle with a UBR stock. Once Magpul finally releases te new version, I'll replace the old one. It's not as if I can't use my rifle in its current form.

February 23, 2017, 09:37 AM
AllenInAR
I'm gonna look around and see if I can find a Gen 1 UBR at a good price. If I recall, the weight savings is around 5 oz. It's going on a 16" carbine so a Gen 1 should make that a little back-heavy but when the can comes in, should be okay.

February 23, 2017, 11:06 AM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I'm gonna look around and see if I can find a Gen 1 UBR at a good price. If I recall, the weight savings is around 5 oz. It's going on a 16" carbine so a Gen 1 should make that a little back-heavy but when the can comes in, should be okay.

If you have a can in the works then I would go with the first gen. I have one on a rifle with a can on a 16 inch barrel. It goes a long way towards balancing it out.

It is a little bit ridiculous that version 2.0 isn't available yet. Considering how long ago it was announced.
February 23, 2017, 03:50 PM
RHINOWSO
Magpul has been hanging with the Surefire product estimation guys, apparently.
February 23, 2017, 03:55 PM
PPGMD
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Magpul has been hanging with the Surefire product estimation guys, apparently.

Magpul was never as bad a Surefire, who admitted that often they took prototypes to SHOT just to get input from users. With some of those prototypes not making the cut.

There aren't too many products that Magpul has shown off a SHOT that didn't make it to production eventually.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.
February 23, 2017, 07:19 PM
AllenInAR
Eventually

February 23, 2017, 07:40 PM
parabellum
The new stock also has rotation-limited QD swivel sockets.

February 23, 2017, 11:08 PM
Jus228
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I wouldn't keep waiting.
Why not? I still have a functional rifle with a UBR stock. Once Magpul finally releases te new version, I'll replace the old one. It's not as if I can't use my rifle in its current form.

Not directed at anyone in particular just if I was in the market for a stock I wouldn't keep waiting. Upgrading to the newest version cause you like the features more power to ya.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
February 28, 2017, 08:27 AM
jezsuiz
I have a V1 ubr. A little bit lighter with limited travel QD I will be waiting for one too.
May 01, 2017, 02:44 PM
parabellum
First it was "Coming Spring 2016", then it was " Roll Eyes Coming Fall 2016", then it was "Coming Spring 2017" and now "Coming Summer 2017"

https://www.magpul.com/product...-0-collapsible-stock

Next up? "Coming Spring 2018"

For fuck's sake! It's a rifle stock, not a rocket ship.
May 01, 2017, 03:06 PM
RHINOWSO
Magpul must have taken lessons from Surefire on product development and release timelines.
May 01, 2017, 03:19 PM
drabfour
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Magpul must have taken lessons from Surefire on product development and release timelines.

You can say that again. Razz
May 02, 2017, 07:03 AM
rangeme101
I'm still waiting for the ACR. Oh yeah they finally gave up on that and sold it off to Remington. After a few years of its coming. I was really excited about that vaporware.

I have several of their products, they are great. Will check out this new UBR when it finally gets here. I had one a few years ago, sold due to weight. But loved the cheek weld.

They had a great display at the NRA show this past weekend. Wasn't aware of the UBR delay or I would have asked about it. They had a timeline display of the Pmag from prototype to current. Along with test mags still being used from years ago. Neat display.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."