SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Spotting scope and base recommendations please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spotting scope and base recommendations please Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I messed around with several different spotting scopes but at this point I am down to 2 depending on what I'm doing.

When I'm sheep or goat hunting, I use a swarovski ATS 80, It's on the heavy side of things for mountain hunting but it has saved me miles of hiking.

I also have compact Kowa I believe its a 553. Thats thing is nice and lightweight.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up the Leupold 15-45 (65mm). Glass is outstanding and it is built like a tank. I pretty much only shoot out to 300m so the lower power but high quality was key. Just need to put it to use.

Recalled I had 2 tripods from my late father, who was into high-end cameras and photography. I pulled one and it was very nice, including a quick release base that worked like a charm.

THEN I saw the super high-end tripod...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post