SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Can the AR Market possibly get any softer? DPMS ARs are BOGO $649
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can the AR Market possibly get any softer? DPMS ARs are BOGO $649 Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It's Russian stuff...I know...I know...but it's pretty close to $200 with free shipping Wink

https://www.targetsportsusa.co...22355fmj-p-1480.aspx

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Given the political climate over the past 8-something years (and actually, further back), it's not surprising that low-end AR-15s are so cheap right now. Many of us are part of the demand/supply/cost cycles. I'm now to the point I have more than enough AR-15s to last me the rest of my life. Unless the highly unlikely event of receiver set failure occurs, my AR purchases going forward are likely only to be wear parts -- barrel, gas rings, bolt, etc. Maybe an optic upgrade down the road, but that's it.

Sure, I could buy a value-line AR for prices that are as silly low today as they were silly high a few years ago. But why? I won't shoot a value-line AR very much, as my higher-end ARs are configured almost exactly as I want. I wouldn't share parts from the value-line AR with my higher-end rifles -- if something fails, I will replace those parts with high-end parts.

For $350:
- I can get 1,000 rounds of FMJ training ammo, or
- I can enter a regional match and travel to it, or
- I can pay for a decent one-day training course
All of which will make me a better shooter. Another AR won't make me a better shooter -- it will only take up space in my safe.

This. Those companies still have to turn a profit - and at those prices - there is sacrifice being made somewhere and I can guarantee it is not coming out of the CEO's wallet.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local place is advertising Anderson stripped lowers for $39

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Anderson lowers were $29 at primary arms this week.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
At least twice in the past 3-4 months, PSA has run deals where if you bought a Springfield xDs, you would get 3 of their "blem" stripped AR lowers thrown in for free.

I would've jumped on the deal but there were some factors that prevented me:

-price of an assembled AR is probably at an all time low. To buy the parts kit and upper probably aren't too expensive.

-FFL wants to charge per item that comes in at $25 each even though I'm filling out one 4473 and they're making one phone call.

If anything I might just stock up on ammo now. I have about 2,000 rounds but you can never seem to have too much.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
It's Russian stuff...I know...I know...but it's pretty close to $200 with free shipping

Keep in mind that's .223 not 5.56 NATO

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post