SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Can the AR Market possibly get any softer? DPMS ARs are BOGO $649
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can the AR Market possibly get any softer? DPMS ARs are BOGO $649 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have noticed it for sure! Seems like every day brings a new email with a "can you believe it?" type of low price.

> I worry about how many gun companies "bet Hillary" on the last election and overstocked in anticipation and now they are drowning in inventory they can't sell for what they paid. Like being upside down on a car while making high payments.

> On the good side, can you imagine what the national count of AR-15 style rifles in civilian hands must look like now? Certainly not an unusual rifle to see in a house or in the hunting field any more!

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Colt OEM 6920 for the grand sum of $625 SHIPPED. UNBELIEVABLE deal.

https://www.tombstonetactical....-556-16.1-no-frn-30/

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Too many players in the AR building / manufacturing game and too many AR's in the market. First prices depress, then the bubble bursts and many of the players in the market disappear.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah but to be fair you will put another 200-300 into stock/hand guards etc on the Colt. Still a good deal.

I just went with an Armalite Tac18 for 1100ish and it is a hell of a lot of rifle for the money.
7075 alloy, OSS Banner flash hider/brake STR stock, stainless 18inch wylde chamber barrel,MBUS standard, nice hand guard, raptor charging handle and a nice trigger to boot. A lot of nice kit out of the box. It will be my first modern AR if you will.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Even worse with all the AR makers betting on Hildabeast winning. It's a buyers market (at least for the budget builds).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I still stand by the fact that we wouldn't have ANYWHERE NEAR the AR/Tacticalesqe rifle market we have today if it wasn't for the constant push to legislate them. The antis are their own worst enemy.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Here's my hope. Since the AR 5.56 market is flooded, I'm hoping we will get a broadening of the options. In particular, I'm hoping that AR makers will see utility in rifles chambered in 204 Ruger instead of yet another 5.56 or 300BO.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Yeah but to be fair you will put another 200-300 into stock/hand guards etc on the Colt. Still a good deal.

I just went with an Armalite Tac18 for 1100ish and it is a hell of a lot of rifle for the money.
7075 alloy, OSS Banner flash hider/brake STR stock, stainless 18inch wylde chamber barrel,MBUS standard, nice hand guard, raptor charging handle and a nice trigger to boot. A lot of nice kit out of the box. It will be my first modern AR if you will.

To be fair, if you want GI furniture somebody on ARFCOM would probably sell you their take-offs for leas than $50; and I've seen Magpul MOE furniture sets for right around $100.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah but I am not generally a very good and instinctive shooter......I rely on sights to shoot. A crutch I know. Smile

So add another 80-150 bucks for sights.

posted Hide Post
A Colt OEM1 with Daniel Defense rear site, Magpul stock, handguard and trigger guard and a Streamlight Protac weapon light can be put in service for less than $1000.

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might just pick up one of those cheap Ruger ARs for the $600 price point just to have.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the fact that decent ARs are available for less cash than shittier AKs is just mind boggling. Not mention the price for crap steel cased AK ammo is insane. I remember paying $2.49 a box for Wolf at Gander Mountain and thinking that was too much.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I came across this thread based on a discussion with my son.

Any thoughts on how the entry-level AR market is now. And, I'm thinking in general, not in reaction to the atrocity in Las Vegas. (Of course, however, that might be like saying "other than the hurricane, how's the weather?)

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
How entry level do you want to go? It seems like Primary Arms can't get rid of its Radical Firearms and Buffalo Arms (I think that's the name) rifles and uppers fast enough, has Aero LPKs on sale, and seems to have had stripped lowers on sale recently. Delta Team Tactical seems to have some cheap uppers as well.

I think I'm doing OK for ARs at the moment, but could probably be reeled in if I'm feeling flush when there's a sale on good 20" rifles. OK, I'm being greedy - I want the next tier up to start going on sale.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:
A Colt OEM1 with Daniel Defense rear site, Magpul stock, handguard and trigger guard and a Streamlight Protac weapon light can be put in service for less than $1000.

tp

That's a nice setup.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm still hoping ammo bottoms out and we get cases of 5.56 for under $250 shipped again.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted one for quite some time and yesterday finally went and bought one (Sig).
But I have read somewhere they are thinking of removing the export ban. This can go two ways price wise and I'm not even talking about some bans.
Interesting times.

Posts: 25 | Location: Sunny Flats. | Registered: October 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I'm still hoping ammo bottoms out and we get cases of 5.56 for under $250 shipped again.

Palmetto had a deal yesterday for 5.56 green tip that was $249 shipped after rebate.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Palmetto had a deal yesterday for 5.56 green tip that was $249 shipped after rebate.

Today it's 800 rds for $219 after the rebate, no free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ds-xm855lpcc800.html

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I should've known better than to post that. I knew you guys would start posting ammo deals. Eek

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post