Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Check out the Troy Delta Rail.

https://troyind.com/rail-syste...ies/rails/drop/delta

Drop-in free float handguard for standard carbine configurations. Doesn't require removing the delta ring, barrel nut, or even the front sight base. The only alteration is punching out the front sling swivel at the bottom of the FSB.

Available in black or FDE. Has rails on the top and a short rail on the bottom, and either standard Troy hole accessory mounts or VTAC accessory slots on the sides, depending on which version you get. (Neither are as popular as Keymod or MLOK, but there are still various sling swivels, rail pieces, light mounts, etc. available for either one.) Also has QD sling swivel sockets on either side of the handguard near the FSB.

Here's a FDE VTAC version on my 14.5" carbine. (The only different on yours would be an additional 2" or so of barrel protruding from the front of the handguard.)

Here's the standard Troy version in black on a 16" carbine:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Remember that those pins holding on the existing front sight base are taper pins. They will only come out one way, and it usually takes a stout whack with a big hammer to get them moving, after that they tap out easily.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Have you selected a gas block yet?

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Troy Delta Rail.

13.25" drop-in free float handguard for standard carbine configurations. Doesn't require removing the delta ring, barrel nut, or even the front sight base. The only alteration is punching out the front sling swivel at the bottom of the FSB.

Available in black or FDE. Has rails on the top and a short rail on the bottom, and either standard Troy hole accessory mounts or VTAC accessory slots on the sides, depending on which version you get. (Neither are as popular as Keymod or MLOK, but there are still various sling swivels, rail pieces, light mounts, etc. available for either one.)

Here's a FDE VTAC version on my 14.5" carbine. (The only different on yours would be an additional 2" or so of barrel protruding from the front of the handguard.)

Here's the standard Troy version in black on a 16" carbine:

Thanks for the recommendation but this carbine will be suppressed, which is why I'm going with the adjustable gas block. I WANT to remove the FSB and delta ring (but not the barrel nut) to free float and tune the gas system.

ETA: So far, this looks like a winner: https://www.midwestindustriesi...p/mctar-22g2-fde.htm

Most Troys use the standard barrel nut.
https://troyind.com/products/alpha-13-fde

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m using the Superlative Arms bleed off adjustable gas block with no issues.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with the Troy. I use the Mlok one. It installs in minutes and seems very stout.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, why don't you want to swap the barrel nut?

You're pulling everything else off the barrel, the nut might as well go, too. Then you have every option under the sun available.

The only way around not pulling the barrel nut is to chop off the delta ring assembly, which is more trouble than getting out a wrench and doing a quick swap.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Do you have the ability to remove the flash hider? You will need to do that to swap the gas block.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Out of curiosity, why don't you want to swap the barrel nut?

You're pulling everything else off the barrel, the nut might as well go, too. Then you have every option under the sun available.

The only way around not pulling the barrel nut is to chop off the delta ring assembly, which is more trouble than getting out a wrench and doing a quick swap.

I don’t have the ability to do it. I move too frequently (military) to have a work bench or vice, and I want to do the work myself. I have cut off D rings before, and it isn’t hard. Swapping the gas block only requires punches and a hammer, and cutting the D ring only requires a dremel. I can do all of that at home without the need for a vice.

Gotcha. I've done barrel work twice and used a vise at work and a friend's house both times.

The Samson Evo and Fortis REV II use the stock nut, but aren't factory FDE.

Midwest Industries makes a line of two-piece free float that clamp on the stock barrel nut. I'm only seeing a quad rail in FDE
https://www.midwestindustriesi...p/mctar-22g2-fde.htm
EDIT - saw you already posted that one.

You might be able to find someone selling one of these with a cerakote FDE finish.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Do you have the ability to remove the flash hider? You will need to do that to swap the gas block.

Yes, that is very easy to do, even without a vice. I have removed/installed a dozen flash hiders. They really only require a decent grip between your knees and a good turn with a wrench.

Now that you mention it, I did it that way a few years ago.

I am spoiled now with my Geissele reaction rod.