SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger American Ranch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Ranch Login/Join 
posted
Just picked one up in 7.62x39. Machining on the bolt is pretty bad but the rest of the gun seems good. When I get a chance to get to the range I'll report on how it shoots.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Please do.

I know I want a 7.62x39 bolt gun. But I'm still trying to decide whether I want to get a Ruger Ranch for less and spend more on a nicer scope, or spend the extra on a CZ 527 and just put a middling-quality scope on it.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I have the 5.56 and 300 BLK version, reports from men I trust indicate they are very pleased with the performance of the 7.62X39 version. Sure, there are some things one could niggle about, but the little rifles shoot very well. I considered getting one myself but the 300BLK is able to meet any performance of the AK round with considerably broader load capability. Subs to supers, bullets ranging from 90 gr XTP to 245+gr. Clearly it is a hand loaders playground.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the Ruger because easier scope mounting , threaded barrel and extra mags are cheaper.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The inherent mechanical accuracy differences between the Ruger and CZ are just not worth thinking about. I have both and I will keep the Ruger and the good scope and sell the CZ with the less expensive scope and be accuracy and money ahead.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
extra mags are cheaper.

Only CZ could do that. Although Howa at least tried, initially.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post